Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Please don't read this article. Well, only if you really must. Anyway, here's a mega-ultra-long, detailed, thorough guide on how to make Windows 11 less annoying, more productive and more ergonomic, with numerous changes and tweaks focused on privacy, security and usability, including reasons not to use Windows 11, pros and cons compared to earlier versions of Windows, tools needed before installation, USB media creation, how to skip online account creation, post-install questions, autoplay configuration, personalization, Firefox as default browser, app startup, offline maps, account sign-in options, time and language, gaming, entire privacy and security section in Settings - general, diagnostics and feedback, inking and typing, activity history, search permissions, and resource access, unnecessary services, cloud search, use of Winaero Tweaker to remove various options and features, Copilot, unnecessary apps, use of winget and Powershell to remove apps, Microsoft Edge removal, Open-Shell start menu alternative, autostart entries via Autoruns, optional removal of Windows Defender, optional configuration of Windows Update, Windows Explorer and taskbar tweaks, some other recommendations, and more. All that said, you're better off with Windows 10, or Linux, or something. But there. Enjoy.

rashmi

Level 5
Jan 15, 2024
I tried the Edge uninstall regedit tips, and in programs and features, the Edge uninstall button turned from unavailable to available. I might uninstall it because it's becoming annoying with every update.

Reactions: ErzCrz

ErzCrz

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 19, 2019
I tried the Edge uninstall regedit tips, and in programs and features, the Edge uninstall button turned from unavailable to available. I might uninstall it because it's becoming annoying with every update.
Trying to move over to Firefox myself though you can disable some of the Edge features.

Reactions: rashmi

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.