Battle Deep Freeze,Sandboxie and Shadow Defender?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moose

Level 22
Thread author
Jun 14, 2011
H

hjlbx

Salutations,

Can you use Sandboxie and Shadow Defender together with-out any headaches and/or problems?
And what are the benefits? Anybody?

Kind regards,

Incompatibility - potentially, but none that I have seen.

Benefit - Cryptomalware...

Read @Umbra 's guide to using Shadow Defender pinned at the top of the Shadow Defender subforum here at MT. He covers why Sandboxie is needed when the user excludes any files\folders from Shadow Mode.

Last edited by a moderator:

Behold Eck

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 22, 2014
Incompatibility - potentially, but none that I have seen.

Benefit - Cryptomalware...

Read @Umbra 's guide to using Shadow Defender pinned at the top of the Shadow Defender subforum here at MT.

That`s a really good benefit but one of many including user error(or stupidity).Reboot and it`s all gone.

Thanks for the link, really must check out Shadow Defender when time permits.

Regards Eck:)

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Salutations,

Can you use Sandboxie and Shadow Defender together with-out any headaches and/or problems?
And what are the benefits? Anybody?

Kind regards,
Salutations to you, Moose.:)

Headaches?o_O Each exceptional app has their own liveable characteristics such as Windows, browser, & annoying Flash updates, Sandboxie must forever play catch up too.:oops: Shadow Defender's soul hiccup has been forced shut down (not a problem) when exiting SD with Window 8.1 while Windows 7 headaches (for me) = 0 :p

I think hjlbx & Umbra both vouch well for the compatibility & protective benefits of each respective virtual "Avenger".:D

While I've developed the habit of sandboxing browsers both inside & out of Shadow Defender's "Shadow Mode", I've particularly like being able to update our portable browsers from their USB flash drives un-sandboxed + outside SD's virtualized perimeter. In other words: Wanted changes remain while at the same time restarting SD gets rid of all the accumulated files from playing X-BOX games just as though it had never happened.:cool:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.