App Review DeepInstinct Endpoint Security 2023

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Content created by
Shadowra

Shadowra

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
DeepInstinct is an enterprise antivirus based on AI Machine Learning.
DeepInstinct offers an agent with little information, everything is managed from the Dashboard of the software.
The configuration is very complete, but let's see how it does.
Note that it can be found at HP in OEM under the name of Wolf Security.

Interface: 9,5/10
DeepInstinct is deployed via the Control Dashboard like any enterprise software. After installation, the antivirus will scan all files on the disk for threats.
For a company, this can help to check if the system is not already compromised, but too bad you can't stop it!

The configuration is rich and varied, everything is well explained.

Protection:9/10 Web / Fake crack 1/1 Remains 18 threats on 406 malware / CobaltStrike in memory
The protection is excellent, even formidable, and reminds me of WiseVector StopX in responsiveness!
I was pleasantly surprised.
The same goes for exploits, DeepInstinct was able to protect me. But it did not cancel the creation of files, nor the deletion.
It's a pity that it let a Java malware (which will not be active) and CobaltStrike install.

Result :
NPE : 6
KVRT : 14
Eset : 0

Recommand : DeepInstinct is recommended. It provides excellent protection
System Clean : CobaltStrike and a Java malware are in memory but seems not active.

@Kongo / @Correlate and @ShenguiTurmi request

ShenguiTurmi

Level 3
Well-known
Feb 28, 2023
Very good test!
But it looks like you didn't notice the option at the bottom of the page when deploying the client. :ROFLMAO:
QQ截图20230419213702.png

ShenguiTurmi

Level 3
Well-known
Feb 28, 2023
Deep Instinct website reminds me of Cylance 2 - 4 years ago. Also talks about running DI with MS Defender. I see no pricing info. Before I give them legit info to request a demo, does anyone know what the price-tag is? @Shadowra, thanks for this test!
The list price is 75USD/device/year with a minimum of 10 devices. You may be able to get a lower price if you look for a reseller, but I can't disclose how much I got it for.

cartaphilus

Level 5
Mar 17, 2023
DeepInstinct is an enterprise antivirus based on AI Machine Learning.
DeepInstinct offers an agent with little information, everything is managed from the Dashboard of the software.
The configuration is very complete, but let's see how it does.
Note that it can be found at HP in OEM under the name of Wolf Security.

Interface: 9,5/10
DeepInstinct is deployed via the Control Dashboard like any enterprise software. After installation, the antivirus will scan all files on the disk for threats.
For a company, this can help to check if the system is not already compromised, but too bad you can't stop it!

The configuration is rich and varied, everything is well explained.

Protection:9/10 Web / Fake crack 1/1 Remains 18 threats on 406 malware / CobaltStrike in memory
The protection is excellent, even formidable, and reminds me of WiseVector StopX in responsiveness!
I was pleasantly surprised.
The same goes for exploits, DeepInstinct was able to protect me. But it did not cancel the creation of files, nor the deletion.
It's a pity that it let a Java malware (which will not be active) and CobaltStrike install.

Result :
NPE : 6
KVRT : 14
Eset : 0

Recommand : DeepInstinct is recommended. It provides excellent protection
System Clean : CobaltStrike and a Java malware are in memory but seems not active.

@Kongo / @Correlate and @ShenguiTurmi request

So is the HP offering the same in terms of protection? What is the system impact in terms of resource use and how would it compare to eset or F Secure?

Lastly how the hell do I get rid of a hiccup?! It's been going on for the past 7 hours!

Edit: the music made me think of blade runner

Shadowra

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
So is the HP offering the same in terms of protection? What is the system impact in terms of resource use and how would it compare to eat or F Secure?

Lastly how the hell do I get rid of a hiccup?! It's been going on for the past 7 hours!

HP's software is identical to DeepInstinct.

Regarding a difference between Eset, F-Secure or others, DeepInstinct is full AI, it has no signature base.
And it can't analyze JS, VBS or other. And it is very expensive

cartaphilus

Level 5
Mar 17, 2023

Regarding a difference between Eset, F-Secure or others, DeepInstinct is full AI, it has no signature base.
Got it! So it will learn my usage patterns in order to later kill me when the uprising happens? Great I will now somehow get killed by quora

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
I’ve been using DeepInstinct at work extensively. DeepInstinct doesn’t need to analyse JS, VBS or all the unusual formats that are normally not well covered. The beauty of DeepInstinct (like many other EDRs) is that you can completely block many LOLBins (including I have blocked PowerShell). This breaks the attack chain without having to analyse the files.

HP software is designed to be used with HP hardware and the Wolf security relies extensively on containment similar to Comodo, but much more secure and better. The AI is just an optional add-on and is far from great.
Other features of the Wolf security platform include dedicated firmware check that runs every few seconds to check the UEFI integrity. If there’s been a change, it flushes the firmware automatically.
Try drinking water slowly, like 5-6 sips with a long pause between them.

Last edited:

cartaphilus

Level 5
Mar 17, 2023
I’ve been using DeepInstinct at work extensively. DeepInstinct doesn’t need to analyse JS, VBS or all the unusual formats that are normally not well covered. The beauty of DeepInstinct (like many other EDRs) is that you can completely block many LOLBins (including I have blocked PowerShell). This breaks the attack chain without having to analyse the files.

HP software is designed to be used with HP hardware and the Wolf security relies extensively on containment similar to Comodo, but much more secure and better. The AI is just an optional add-on and is far from great.
Other features of the Wolf security platform include dedicated firmware check that runs every few seconds to check the UEFI integrity. If there’s been a change, it flushes the firmware automatically.

Try drinking water slowly, like 5-6 sips with a long pause between them.
So would you recommend the Wolf Security for any machine that's not HP?

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
So would you recommend the Wolf Security for any machine that's not HP?
I wouldn’t, Wolf is a whole platform that I’ve only ever tested on an HP Elite Dragonfly laptop. The platform is a large collection of software, each having Sure in its name and also includes dedicated chips. I’ve not tested it on a non-HP machine and I am not even sure which parts of it can be installed and supported without dedicated hardware.

Users familiar with EDR would know that it is not like home antiviruses where detection is everything, an EDR is supposed to be your eyes and ears across the network and it’s up to you what you will do with the information. There are plenty of EDRs if one is willing to go down this road. To see which one provides better visibility, I recommend checking the Gartner tests and reports.

trujax

Level 1
Verified
Sep 19, 2017
I wouldn’t, Wolf is a whole platform that I’ve only ever tested on an HP Elite Dragonfly laptop. The platform is a large collection of software, each having Sure in its name and also includes dedicated chips. I’ve not tested it on a non-HP machine and I am not even sure which parts of it can be installed and supported without dedicated hardware.

Users familiar with EDR would know that it is not like home antiviruses where detection is everything, an EDR is supposed to be your eyes and ears across the network and it’s up to you what you will do with the information. There are plenty of EDRs if one is willing to go down this road. To see which one provides better visibility, I recommend checking the Gartner tests and reports.
1682454545523.png

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.