App Review DeepInstinct Endpoint Security v5

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Content created by
Shadowra

Shadowra

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
DeepInstinct is a U.S.-based software package for the enterprise.
Based on AI Machine Learning, it is one of the new-generation NGAV antivirus products.
In its v5 version, the editor has reinforced the detection of suspicious behavior by adding new security rules.
It's all very promising, but let's see what it's really worth.

User interface :

DeepInstinct offers a fairly minimalist agent and a large enough portal to control the product at will.
It is very complete, and users can configure it as they wish.
I also like the details on the home page, indicating which PCs have had the most threats, the number of detections, etc. (I didn't show it).
The software is very light.

Web protection: 10/10

DeepInstinct has an excellent anti-malware engine and correctly blocked all threats.
Too bad it doesn't have an agent that blocks malicious websites :/

Fake crack : 0,20/1

Surprisingly, DeepInstinct does not block any droppable files.
However, it does prevent a BtcMiner with rundll32.exe with a behavior detection rule.

Malware Pack : Remaining 28 out of 665 threats.

DeepInstinct has an excellent engine, as mentioned above.
On scripts, some are blocked thanks to its engine, or thanks to its behavior protections.
One thing I really appreciated was that DeepInstinct undoes any modifications made. However, this system still needs to be improved, as remnants of infections are not removed. This can be seen when I run the disinfection tools.
But all in all, I'm quite satisfied.

Final scan :

NPE : 4
KVRT : 10 (remnants of script infections that DeepInstinct had removed)
Autoruns: 2 registry keys created by malware at startup (script)
MalwareBytes : 14 (remnants of script infections that DeepInstinct had removed + 2 malware not detected

Final opinion:

DeepInstinct is an interesting and innovative solution for protecting users and companies.
I really appreciate its anti-malware engine and especially its proactive shields, which are very reactive.
There's also been a big effort on malware remediation in the event of an attack, but there's still work to be done. DeepInstinct doesn't erase all actions, which is a shame (even if it does reblock the attack).
The machine can easily be disinfected.
Recommended.

@ShenguiTurmi , @Kongo and @simmerskool request

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
Thanks for the detailed review of DeepInstinct Endpoint Security v5. It seems like it offers robust protection with a few areas for improvement, notably in terms of erasing all actions post-attack. Your insights will certainly help others in making an informed decision. Keep the reviews coming!

Kongo

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
Thanks a lot for the test! However I noticed that your client has the latest version, but in the dashboard a few new settings don't seem to be available for you:

Screenshot 2024-03-28 133901.png

In the video "Directy System Calls" and "Process Tampering" were not available

Shadowra

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Thanks a lot for the test! However I noticed that your client has the latest version, but in the dashboard a few new settings don't seem to be available for you:

View attachment 282451

In the video "Directy System Calls" and "Process Tampering" were not available

Our reseller is in Asia, so there's often a time lag between other countries and Asia :/.

Kongo

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
Is this product worth considering for home use or is it too expensive, or overkill? Any link that (SHOWS) the price? thanks
Expensive in comparison to a costumer AV - Yes. For two PCs I paid 70 euros or so. Shadowra and I purchased it from this reseller: Deep Instinct - Cyberforce Security LLC - What is Your Security Plan?

Overkill? - No, but it definitely has many things to configure. Still I'd say that it is pretty easy to deploy and configure

Main reason why I love Deep Instinct is the performance, stability and of course the protection.

Screenshot 2024-03-28 222206.png

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
But Shadowra is from France and I am from Germany and we both got it from the same reseller. I received the update about 1 month before Shadowra. That's strange tbh.
Updates for DeepInstinct, like for many others, are released on gradual basis and telemetry is monitored. This allows companies to react quicker and have smaller audiences affected by issues. It has become the standard nowadays.

ShenguiTurmi

Level 3
Well-known
Feb 28, 2023
Updates for DeepInstinct, like for many others, are released on gradual basis and telemetry is monitored. This allows companies to react quicker and have smaller audiences affected by issues. It has become the standard nowadays.
I asked the reseller before, and the reason they gave was: DeepInstinct prioritizes releasing the latest version and beta functions in countries where they can provide direct technical support (or even offline support), so only Israel and the United States are the first to update 5.0 and can join Beta.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.