New Update DeepL Translate: Reading & writing translator

Stopspying

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 21, 2018
Wow, that's awesome! DeepL is really the best translator on the market. However, I'm waiting and hoping when they add Hebrew, for now I have to use Context Reverso, by the way, it also has an extension, although I haven't used it. :)
Yes, I've been using it for some time and am very impressed with its speed and accuracy. I'm a FF/LW user mostly and I've tried to like the Firefox Translations extension, but it frequently fails to locate the engine ( I haven't moved it) even though it locates it at other times, so DeepL remained my go-to, however #HarbourFront may have convinced me that TWP can help with speaking in (different) tongues.

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
It is important to note that the meaning of the sentence changes subtly when the English translation by Deep is translated back into the native language by Google.(Google)
Note that if you translate an English translation in Deep back into your native language using Google, the meaning of the sentence will change slightly.(DeepL)
:coffee:
The above text is a comparison of the same text translated into English.
We believe that the quality of DeepL is predicated on its use by both sender and receiver.

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014

DeepL Translator: reduced character limit and price increase​

DeepL Translator Free could be used to translate up to 5000 characters in one session, up to 3 locked document translations per month, and to use 10 glossary entries, up until now.

DeepL Pro subscribers get access to unlimited characters, more file uploads, support for formal and informal tones, at least one a glossary with 5000 entries and other benefits.

When you visit the DeepL Translator website right now, you may notice that the company has reduced the character translate limit from 5000 to 3000 characters.

Not all visits show the reduced translate limit at this time; opening another browser and visiting the site may display the previous limit of 5000 characters.

It is possible that the new character limit is rolling out slowly or A-B tested by the company to gather feedback and data.

The changed character limit is not the only difference that users may encounter. Eagle-eyed visitors may also notice that the price of a Pro Starter account increased from €5.99 per month to €7.49 per month ($8.74 in the US) when paid annually. The updated price was displayed in all browsers, unlike the 3000 characters limit per translation.

The character limit for translations may limit accessibility somewhat. Users may help themselves currently by doing repeat translations if the character count of the text is larger than 3000 characters. This had to be done previously for texts with more than 5000 characters as well.

Stopspying

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 21, 2018
Reactions: Idanox

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
DeepL, maker of DeepL Translator, today launched a companion product, DeepL Write. DeepL Write is an AI writing companion that, according to the company, is designed to improve written communication.

DeepL Write is available for free currently and labeled beta. The writing tool fixes grammar and punctuation mistakes, makes writing suggestions, and may rephrase entire sentences.

The interface resembles that of DeepL Translator. Users type or paste text into the text field on the right and DeepL Write its improved version on the right. The process is instantaneous and users may copy the result to the clipboard right away.

The option to display alternatives for words is available. A click on a word or phrase displays alternatives, which the user may select with a click. The same option is available for sentences also. DeepL Write displays different versions of the sentence, which users may select to replace the selected one.

DeepL Write is available as a web tool only at this point. Language support is limited to English and German at the time. The writing companion supports British and American English, which users may select from a small menu at the top of the source text field.

deepl-write.png

Stopspying

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 21, 2018
I put the text from the linked Ghacks article on this through Deepl Write. The original text is on the left in the attached screenshot with the Deepl Write suggestions on the right. Keep using it, train it some more, its not perfect, not bad for new AI, I've seen worse.

Attachments

• DeepL Write  - Ghacks.PNG
    DeepL Write - Ghacks.PNG
    111.1 KB · Views: 87
Reactions: CyberTech

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.