Default Deny VS traditional AVs

Do you use traditional AV or default deny?

• Default Deny

• Traditional AV

• Both

Results are only viewable after voting.

Brie

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jan 1, 2018
i was running all that in real-time. i had not experienced any problems so far.

i disabled osarmor, voodooshield and zemana antilogger realtime.

bitdefender says not to use a sandbox with it.

i suspected that i might be doing too much.

i am a computer beginner.

thank you all for the advice. (y)

Last edited:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Seems too much would just go with bitdefender, VS, syshardener, k9 webfilter, netcraft, and unchecky... you might want to consider isolation/sandbox.
Bitdefender Total Security is not enough for some. It's a common trend, something to get used to around here. ;)

In this thread, we are talking about execution default-deny. The 'default-deny' is also commonly used in the context of the network traffic.
The most common definition of execution default-deny setup would be as follows:
The crucial system processes and processes whitelisted by the user are allowed to run. Other processes are not allowed to run. Additionally, there can be some restrictions for DLLs or files that may have active content (scripts, scriptlets, documents with macros, etc.).
Understood, then I do not use any Default-Deny systems.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.