Defensewall and sbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Defensewall is likely to be a HIPS virtualization however they are acting same together so only one of them must be in the system.

Overkill

Level 31
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
Thanks Bo, I think i'm going to play around with DW in my VM and get used to it before I install it on any pc of mine.

arsenaloyal

Level 3
Verified
Aug 6, 2012
I am using both of these programs for a week in my VM without any problems, I have not set any exceptions either,both work as they are supposed to.The only thing is I cannot recover files using quick recovery when I download a file from the internet.

Overkill

Level 31
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
bo.elam said:
No need to be afraid or intimidated by DefenseWall. It is a great program, well made, easy to install and uninstall and it doesn't destroy computers like antiviruses or HIPS do when they are uninstalled.

Additionally to learning about the differences between trusted and untrusted applications, learn about the Rollback feature. It is a great feature as it helps you to follow the changes that take place in your computer as you use the PC. I found myself opening that Window all the time, if malware gets downloaded, you ll see it listed there as well as videos or anything else that you download or any file that gets created by programs that you run untrusted.

If you are using Sandboxies free version, it makes perfect sense to me to use SBIE and DW as a combo. If you have Sandboxies paid version, then its a different story.

Bo

I have the paid version, i'm not going to put them together
Thanks

arsenaloyal

Level 3
Verified
Aug 6, 2012
I haven't changed any settings for recovery in the sandbox,recovery only works when defensewall is disabled.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Did you try this configuration to improve with Sandboxie?

2hfszlj.png

Overkill

Level 31
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
Member said:
Why you need to use both of them?
The alone product is enough to protect pc

It's my nature to go above and beyond and my name says it all lol

jamescv7 said:
Did you try this configuration to improve with Sandboxie?

2hfszlj.png

I will try this, thanks

arsenaloyal

Level 3
Verified
Aug 6, 2012
this was the first things I tried, and it did not work, unfortunately.

@bo I do not want to give direct access to the sandbox are I do visit lots of dubious websites and do a lot of testing on this VM,but it would be nice to have the option to recover once in a while :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.