Question Vivaldi adblocker/uBlock origin lite: which one has the priority?

Vivaldi
1 Reply 1,634 Views
Help answer the author's question with clear explanations and useful steps.

Parkinsond

Level 67
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
In a trial to determine which one start to act first when used together, I have visited a website with uBOl disabled and checked Vivaldi adblocker, then I revisited the same website after enabling uBOl.

I have found what was blocked by Vivaldi adblocker during the first visit was not blocked on revisit.

Can I conclude uBOl kicks in first before Vivaldi adblocker when both are enabled simultaneously?
Capture.JPG
Capture2.JPG
 
Yes and this is because browser extensions are loaded before most built-in features, This means that uBlock Origin Lite gets first dibs on intercepting network requests and DOM elements.

The other reason is that uBlock Origin Lite uses efficient declarative filtering via Manifest V3, which is designed for speed while Vivaldi’s ad blocker is based on Adblock Plus syntax, which is flexible but not as fast.
 
Last edited:

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top