Delay on Google Chrome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chromatinfish 123

Level 21
Verified
May 26, 2014
You're welcome. Actually I need to thank you for giving me something to do! I was bored today until you needed help, just flicking AV screens up and down :p

Reactions: Cowpipe

avast! Protection

Level 2
Verified
Jun 27, 2014
I'm really sorry I couldn't help earlier but I see that other users suggested the same as I would suggest. avast! really has some problems with slowdowns but it depends on one PC configuration to other. I will summarise the suggestions here in case someone else is experiencing such problems:

• Try disabling all avast! Shields and check if the performance is better (You can do this by right-clicking the avast! Tray icon > avast! shield control > Disable for "N time".)
  • Disable / Remove all avast! browser extensions (avast! WebRep or avast! Online Security depending on the avast! version.)
  • Make sure that you don't have any other AVs installed and check if Windows Defender is disabled.
  • Try running any registry cleaners like CCleaner and see if the performance is better.
Anyway, Avira is a good product as well but you may try avast! again when the new version arrives to check if the problems are fixed. :)

Many thanks to @Chromatinfish 123 !

Last edited:

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
I did discover that Avast Online Security was causing Google Chrome to lag, so I just removed it from the extensions and problem solved.
The Web Shield did not appear to effect Google Chrome but could on some systems.

GAOWYUb.png

You can add Google Chrome to the exclusions if Web Shield is causing problems.
C:\Users\"Current User Name"\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe

Enjoy!! :D

Nikos751

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Malware Tester
Feb 1, 2013
I'm really sorry I couldn't help earlier but I see that other users suggested the same as I would suggest. avast! really has some problems with slowdowns but it depends on one PC configuration to other. I will summarise the suggestions here in case someone else is experiencing such problems:

• Try disabling all avast! Shields and check if the performance is better (You can do this by right-clicking the avast! Tray icon > avast! shield control > Disable for "N time".)
  • Disable / Remove all avast! browser extensions (avast! WebRep or avast! Online Security depending on the avast! version.)
  • Make sure that you don't have any other AVs installed and check if Windows Defender is disabled.
  • Try running any registry cleaners like CCleaner and see if the performance is better.
Anyway, Avira is a good product as well but you may try avast! again when the new version arrives to check if the problems are fixed. :)

Many thanks to @Chromatinfish 123 !
I have done all of these, I have tried any possible thing that I can think of..no luck, so Avira free or sth else.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.