Solved delete post?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
To delete a post or thread, you can click on the three dots on the bottom right corner of your post and then select "Delete Post". If you are unable to delete it yourself, you can contact a moderator and request them to delete it for you.

simmerskool

Level 31
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
To delete a post or thread, you can click on the three dots on the bottom right corner of your post and then select "Delete Post". If you are unable to delete it yourself, you can contact a moderator and request them to delete it for you.
ok :unsure: hmmm, I had clicked the 3 dots and "delete" was NOT an option. Then I erased all the text, but system wouldn't let me do that, ie, save. So not a big deal, I'll just leave it.

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
ok :unsure: hmmm, I had clicked the 3 dots and "delete" was NOT an option. Then I erased all the text, but system wouldn't let me do that, ie, save. So not a big deal, I'll just leave it.
It's possible that the delete option was not available because there were already responses to your post. If that's the case, you can still contact a moderator and request them to delete your post or thread. They should be able to help you with that.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
I know this thread has been "answered", but I still think it would be nice to have that option, on our own, even if there was a time limit, or before it was replied to, or after. There are times when I'm brain-dead and wish I could delete a post. That's all :)
Verified members are able to delete their threads/posts. But you do make a good point, so regular members from now on can delete their posts within 30 minutes of their creation.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
S
You guys can't seem to verify me 😭 What do you need haha. I see level 1 and 2's with the verified badge.
Soon. :D
Winner, Applause, Like, +Reputation, you get them all :) Thank you, Jack :) And I do like how you made it, for regular members :)
So here is a summary:

Regular members can delete their posts within 60 minutes.
Well-known members can delete their posts within 180 minutes.
Top Posters members can delete their posts within 720 minutes.
Verified / Developers / Content Creator members can delete their posts within 1440 minutes.

Last edited:

cartaphilus

Level 5
Mar 17, 2023
I know this thread has been "answered", but I still think it would be nice to have that option, on our own, even if there was a time limit, or before it was replied to, or after. There are times when I'm brain-dead and wish I could delete a post. That's all :)
You guys have a brain?! Sigh, yet another thing missing when I arrived here... time to add it to the list of missing items.

Jonny Quest

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
S
Soon. :D
So here is a summary:

Regular members can delete their posts within 30 minutes.
Well-known members can delete their posts within 120 minutes.
Top Posters members can delete their posts within 720 minutes.
Verified / Developers / Content Creator members can delete their posts within 1440 minutes.

But, can there be a bit of confusion with the longer times, if a post is deleted and it messes up the continuity of a thread?

F

ForgottenSeer 100397

Sandbox Breaker

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 6, 2022
It's time to start practicing your autograph! 😂
images.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.