Advice Request Deleting the Protection History Immediately in Microsoft Defender in Windows 10?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

SearchLight

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 3, 2017
I am back to using Windows Defender set to High with ConfigDefender by AndyFul.

One thing that I found annoying was that I could not clear the accumulation of entries over time in the Protection history immediately as various websites have suggested.

I came across this one that worked for me: How to manually clear Windows Defender Protection History in Windows 10

I tried the suggestions but what worked for me was going into the referenced Scans folder, and deleting the folder marked History contained within. The end result was that when I went back into WD Protection History was that it said Threat Protection Stopped Restart. I restarted TP, and voila a clean Protection History.

I hope this tip for those of you using WD as it worked for me.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.