Not open for further replies.

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
I am facing a Issue such that when I connect the charger to the PC it shows the indicator light and turns of after 2 seconds
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
Reconnect the adapter, power reset. etc..
Well friends, I am servicing a laptop 'Dell Inspiron N 1457' for its heat issue. I have cleaned the fans and applied fresh thermal paste and reassembled the laptop. Now I am facing a Issue such that when I connect the charger to the PC it shows the indicator light and turns of after 2 seconds. What would be the problem? I the power IC shorted or what? I am pretty sure that I have not missed a single connection.
Please any hardware experts, help me.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Time to replace SMPS(PSU).
This sounds like a simple fix.:)
Additionally, in the event this problem may be on the computer's side (female connection) you might try a different charger (before replacing it) in order to rule out this possibility.

Upvote 0

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Charger as a wear and tear level, no matter how careful you organize it, try to test with other available Dell chargers and check if the problem persist.

Usually Power Supply for laptop should not break that much and faulty charger may cause the culprit.

Upvote 0

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2013
Uhhmmm it might even be a bios problem.
Within the Bios the power voltages, frequency and such is being arranged including the detection if you are on battery or on plugin power.
If these settings are "lame" the laptop might act like the way you said.

Another thing is that the converter within the laptop is faulty as it is suppose to regulate when the battery/computer gets power or not.

Another thing is that some laptops have a "seal" break the seal and your laptop will do exactly what you just explained. (sometimes its also a little pin that needs to be pushed by the casing)

I can come up with another 5 or 6 reasons but i want to add one more: If the power regulator chip is damaged, faulty or just done for then out of self protection the bios will force the laptop to shut down.
given the fact it turns off in 2 seconds this would be a perfect indication of something very faulty (Not enough to destroy the lappy) but enough to trigger shutdown /service mode.

Cheers hope this helps.
*If you need more help or detailed help send me a pm with the serial number and exact type of the laptop and ill see what i can do for you.

Cheers

Upvote 0

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Well I found whats the Issue. Indeed Its not an issue, dell laptops dont glow their light unless they have battery connected to it. And the laptop was not turning on because of that. Since I had not connected the power cable of the laptop power button properly I was unable to start. now I fixed every thing and the laptop is running under 26 Degree Cecilius with Deep Cool Z5 TP. :D

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.