Help Me Decide DELL XPS 15 9560 vs HP Spectre x360 15 2017 (Both Kaby lake)

Discussion in 'Compare Hardware' started by HarborFront, Feb 16, 2017.

1. HarborFront

HarborFront Level 34
    Content Creator

Oct 9, 2016
    Far East
    FYI, the ASUS ZenBook Pro UX501VW and MS SB2 would NOT be available in my country as confirmed by the manufacturers just like the HP Spectre x360 15 2017.

I'm currently using the duo-core 12.3 inch MS SP4 with a touchscreen screen resolution of 2736x1824 (QHD+). The laptop I'm going to buy would be a quantum leap from my MS SP4 say quad-core 15 inch at 4K. I have given up using a mouse a few years back since I bought the MS SP3.

Cannot expect me to go backward, right?

It's similar to TV progress....from CRT --> LCD/LED --> 4K/OLED. Who would want a 29 inch color CRT or a 50 inch LCD/LED FHD TV nowadays when 4K TV price is coming down fast?

2. BoraMurdar

BoraMurdar Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2012
    Doctor of medicine
    Serbia
    Windows 10
    Emsisoft
    As you wish. Go with XPS then or Lenovo X1 Carbon if it's available in your country.

Vasudev likes this.
  3. orthonovum

orthonovum Level 3

Jun 17, 2017
    Infosec
    USA
    I actually just purchased the spectre to replace my aging Razer Blade. I do like the spectre however obviously it will not handle the gaming very well but my use case was pen testing, running VMs, and using it for presentations.

My main gripes with this thing are:

1. using it in "tablet mode" is just dumb and useless
    2. The backlighting on the keyboard makes it harder to see the keys unless the room is dark (I have the silver model so maybe thats why)
    3. typing on the onscreen keyboard will make you rage and want to snap this thing in half.. you have to hunt and peck so slowly (maybe just a windows tablet mode issue)

Other than those three things I have been pretty satisfied with it... it comes with a pin thing.. which requires batteries... which I will never use

Vasudev likes this.