Der.Reisende Sec 2017

Qihoo 360 IS - is it really comparable to KIS or any other paid AV in terms of security?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Last updated
Dec 31, 1969
Windows Edition
Pro
User Access Control
Notify me only when programs try to make changes to my computer
Real-time security
*HUB testing laptop: Dr. Web Security Space 11 (latest stable, stock settings)
*Main machine: Comodo Firewall (Proactive Security setting) and Avira Pro (max HEUR setting) - both latest stable
Firewall security
Periodic malware scanners
HitmanPro (always current stable)
HitmanPro.Alert (always current stable)
Zemana Anti-Malware (Premium)
McAfee GetSusp (highly recommended, free)
Malware sample testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Slimjet x64 current stable, set to be always incognito, no referrers
Extensions: LastPass, Https everywhere, Avira Browser Safety
Maintenance tools
n/a

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Thread author
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
Updated the Sec, may the mods please set it up to the new layout (with the fancy visual feedback)? Thanks a lot in advance :)
Regarding iOS, AFAIK there is no real AV by now. Also, it uses the track my mobile feature and is backupped to cloud. There is a SIM-PIN and a device code used (device may be unlocked with my fingerprint). AFAIK, the data stored on the mobile is encrypted by default.

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Thread author
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
Update:

Qihoo Total Security (latest used stable: 8.6.0.1156) removed due to a massive drop in detection (cloud only, stock settings, see HUB). Replaced it with Emsisoft Internet Security 11, current stable and testing it in the HUB.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.