Troubleshoot Desktop Right Click Personalize and Display Settings don't work in Windows 11

HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
Desktop Right Click Personalize and Display Settings don't work in Windows 11
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
Taken below steps
Ok, last night I farked myself up. I disabled KIS and WiseVector and downloaded a cracked software.

During the download process WiseVector prompted with warning messages that malware were detected and actions taken to quarantine them. I then re-enabled KIS and did a scan and true enough KIS picked them up, and I resolved them.

After that, on the desktop, I right click Personalize and Display Settings and they don't work. A blue screen 'PowerShell' appears very quickly for a split second and then it's off. The other items on the context menu work as usual.

I followed the instructions below for Win 10 but it doesn't work

I also ran sfc /scannow and DISM. They reported problems as fixed.

Any help short of reinstalling Winodws 11? Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: [correlate]

Brahman

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2013
Ok, last night I farked myself up. I disabled KIS and WiseVector and downloaded a hacked software.

During the download process WiseVector prompted with warning messages that malware were detected and actions taken to quarantine them. I then re-enabled KIS and did a scan and true enough KIS picked them up, and I resolved them.

After that, on the desktop, I right click Personalize and Display Settings and they don't work. A blue screen 'PowerShell' appears very quickly for a split second and then it's off. The other items on the context menu work as usual.

I followed the instructions below for Win 10 but it doesn't work

I also ran sfc /scannow and DISM. They reported problems as fixed.

Any help short of reinstalling Winodws 11? Thanks
Oh... that's a huge mistake I would say. Never compromise your system with hacked/ cracked software. If I were you i wouldn't trust the system now, once compromised is compromised forever. Reinstating a good system image would be a wise idea.

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.