Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
yejysffsuvxiuhbcqthqdmhhovvtaytrehbrtiyaqyrkrrhgvfcpcupkioergmaqnvraycbavqfmuzatqsdyeehvtxznwykcczks

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
My painful full customization of Manjaro XFCE (custom appearance and windows theming). Using Compiz, Conky, custom cursor, custom icons, always hiding taskbar (hovering over it makes it appear), added Screenfetch ability to terminal (no need to type in command - it's always there on opening), and Plank dock (stock transparent theme). Conky can be a pain to get different themes to work (mostly when they weren't supposed to be used with conky manager). Sometimes you need to place the files in a different area to get them to work, change code in some files (.conkyrc, .lua, etc). Pretty easy stuff actually.

The conky you see on the right (the one with green rings with system info, etc) was heavily modified code by myself. I removed the battery and time from .lua (rings) and .conkyrc (text). Isn't as hard as I'm making it sound. To a certain extent, it is self explanatory. Helps to have some coding experience. I'm pretty satisfied considering this is my first real attempt to make a Linux OS my own. This is after all my main OS now.

If you want to know anything that was used here (even my custom files) just ask. Assuming I don't break my OS or something, this theme should improve over time.

Kazam_screenshot_00000.png

pneuma1985

Level 4
Verified
Aug 30, 2015
My painful full customization of Manjaro XFCE. Using Compiz, Conky, custom cursor, custom icons, always hiding taskbar (hovering over it makes it appear), added Screenfetch ability to terminal (no need to type in command - it's always there on opening), and Plank dock (stock transparent theme). Conky can be a pain to get different themes to work (mostly when they weren't supposed to be used with conky manager). Sometimes you need to place the files in a different area to get them to work, change code in some files (.conkyrc, .lua, etc). Pretty easy stuff actually.

The conky you see on the right (the one with green rings with system info, etc) was heavily modified code by myself. I removed the battery and time from .lua (rings) and .conkyrc (text). Isn't as hard as I'm making it sound. To a certain extent, it is self explanatory. Helps to have some coding experience. I'm pretty satisfied considering this is my first real attempt to make a Linux OS my own. This is after all my main OS now.

If you want to know anything that was used here (even my custom files) just ask. Assuming I don't break my OS or something, this theme should improve over time.

Nice rainmeter or conky?

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
Oh sorry was on the cell lol I only looked at the image ;) But you could run wine and then run rainmeter off of it just pointing that out :p

I prefer to run Linux native applications so never considered using Wine for that. Satisfied with conky as it is. I haven't actually been using custom rainmeters on my Windows 10. I just use stock to monitor rainmeter to display CPU, RAM, disk space, etc. I'm more into icons and theming changes.

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
My painful full customization of Manjaro XFCE (custom appearance and windows theming). Using Compiz, Conky, custom cursor, custom icons, always hiding taskbar (hovering over it makes it appear), added Screenfetch ability to terminal (no need to type in command - it's always there on opening), and Plank dock (stock transparent theme). Conky can be a pain to get different themes to work (mostly when they weren't supposed to be used with conky manager). Sometimes you need to place the files in a different area to get them to work, change code in some files (.conkyrc, .lua, etc). Pretty easy stuff actually.

That is probably one of the most beautiful custom desktops I have seen in this thread so far. I can only imagine all the effort you put in customizing it! Congratulations! :]

pneuma1985

Level 4
Verified
Aug 30, 2015
That is probably one of the most beautiful custom desktops I have seen in this thread so far. I can only imagine all the effort you put in customizing it! Congratulations! :]
Not much I've seen that conky skin elsewhere, I know you modified it and a nice job btw, and the cpu/ram conky I've also seen a bunch like that as well. And he's right its really not that hard to modify conky, just as easy as rainmeter to edit. Nice desktop none the less and thats the unity launcher right?

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015

Being it is my first time doing this (searching for themes, working out the kinks, finding the right wallpaper) it took in total around 10 or more hours. Need to back up the names/files so I can install this within under 30 minutes. Linux isn't the easiest to use (especially not Arch based) but it sure was fun playing around (and not breaking anything for once). Trial and error is the best way to learn (and some Googling of course).

Linux gives you power - you then have the power to completely ruin your system (and make it stupid cool so a good trade off) but again... this type of thing is fun for me.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.