Advice Request DEVICE CENSUS

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Antig

Level 1
Thread author
Mar 23, 2021
Today,after a week of installed life, the binisoft firewall in Windows11 warned of a Microsoft signed 'DEVICE CENSUS' asking to act.
Apart from the fact the latin word 'census' usually refers to populations I wonder what the heck is this as it deals with microphones as well, it seems.

So I looked around to find a way to disable (not delete) it and www.partitionwizard.com advised to go to

Task Scheduler Library > Microsoft > Windows > Device Information.

in order to disable this potentially CPU consuming stranger. Or ,right click in Windows32 as an alternative.

The fact is I do not have anything related to 'Device Information' or even 'Device' in my System32 folder.
Perhaps because I dont have a camera,but only a microphone and loudspeakers inserted in this desktop machine?

Is it all right ,or am I missing something in my W11 OS?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.