Troubleshoot Device drivers for in-built speakers

EricaR

Level 1
Thread author
Aug 4, 2020
I'm using Asus monitor and speakers are in-built in the monitor. Recently, I noticed that online videos are playing without audio.. could this be a device driver problem? but, do device drivers affect in-built speakers? If so, where should I download drivers.. from Asus or PC manufacturer?

The_King

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 2, 2020
How is your monitor configured to play sound?

Over HDMI or are you using a stereo jack?

Most audio from monitors should work over HDMi and usually tied to your GPU driver.
Make sure you have the latest NVIDIA, AMD or Intel driver installed depending on your GPU hardware.

When installing new drivers select the clean install option. This usually fixes most driver related issues.

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.