• Logging into my bank account
    • Gaming
What I'm looking for?

Looking for medium feedback.

devjit2020

Level 2
Thread author
Apr 7, 2022
Hello everyone this is my security config. I'm thinking about adding Simple Windows Hardening and RunbySmartscreen but I don't know if they are required if I'm using SysHardener and VoodooShield. Any suggestions and advice are welcome. :D

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Hello everyone this is my security config. I'm thinking about adding Simple Windows Hardening and RunbySmartscreen but I don't know if they are required if I'm using SysHardener and VoodooShield. Any suggestions and advice are welcome. :D

SysHardener latest update has been released very long time ago. You can replace it with Simple Windows Hardening.
ESET IS with tweaked/created HIPS rules should be enough, but you may prefer to keep VoodoShield ;)

devjit2020

Level 2
Thread author
Apr 7, 2022
SysHardener latest update has been released very long time ago. You can replace it with Simple Windows Hardening.
ESET IS with tweaked/created HIPS rules should be enough, but you may prefer to keep VoodoShield ;)
Yeah SH has been updated quite a while back. Shadow Defender also has been updated quite a while back. Till now SD works flawlessly on my PC and that's why I have kept it. I rarely use it when I test new softwares. Also these are the settings I use for SysHardener (just unassociate the file extension for script files) and till now these have worked perfectly for me. ESET IS has been tweaked but I have not added any HIPS or Firewall Rules. I have tweaked only the settings like enable detection of Potentially Unwanted Applications and Unsafe Applications and set the sensitivity of ESET to Aggressive. I've also set the Real-Time Protection to enable Advanced Heuristics/DNA Signatures and enable Runtime Packers.

SH.JPG

Last edited:

devjit2020

Level 2
Thread author
Apr 7, 2022
So my ESET license expires. Did a complete secure erase of my SSD and reinstalled Windows. Changed from ESET to Quick Heal Internet Security. Also added Simple Windows Hardening and RunbySmartscreen. For browser I've opted for Edge.

Last edited:

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Does KVRT update its database? Or do I have to download the latest version every time? If it updates it's database then I have no problem in using KVRT.
You are right. Unfortunately, for KVRT it's still required to download the latest version from the homepage. Of course, it's a downside...
But I personally recommend KVRT due to it's ability scanning for possible system memory infections by malware.

devjit2020

Level 2
Thread author
Apr 7, 2022
Thanks for your suggestions everyone. I've opted for Emsisoft Emergency Kit and Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool. I'll run a scan with EEK every week and a scan with KVRT every month(will download the latest version each time before scanning).

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.