Operating system
Windows 8.1 / 7 / Vista / XP
Log-in security
Security updates
Check for updates and Notify
User Access Control
Always notify
Real-time security
VoodooShield Pro AutoPilot Mode(Aggressive)
HMPA
Emsisoft Browser Security add-on
Firewall security
About custom security
No changes. All settings default and no security shield disabled.Windows firewall is on.
Periodic malware scanners
NA
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
slimjet with Keepsolid Vpn and ant download manager
Maintenance tools
disk cleanup and sometimes kerish doctor
File and Photo backup
Macrium Reflect
System recovery
Macrium reflect free
Risk factors
    • Browsing to popular websites
    • Logging into my bank account
    • Streaming audio/video content from trusted sites or paid subscriptions
    • Streaming audio/video content from shady sites
Computer specs
i3-6th Gen
8gb ddr4
1tb HDD

Dhruv2193

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 7, 2016
Hi, this is my 2020 config. for my Dell vostro.

Please advise if MBAM and HMPA is enough because I believe they are enough. I don't visit shady websites and hardly get any virus- like once or twice or nil in 1-2 years.

Vitali Ortzi

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 12, 2016
Please advise if MBAM and HMPA is enough because I believe they are enough. I don't visit shady websites and hardly get any virus- like once or twice or nil in 1-2 years.
Enough for most Users .
But you should be warned that Hitman pro Alert didn't do good in my tests especially against scripts .

If you would update to windows 10 you could replace it with configure defender + hard configurator it would offer better protection + performance.

Last edited:

EndangeredPootis

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Sep 8, 2019
Malwarebytes is not worth paying for, it has one of the lowest detection ratios yet the highest performance impact and resource usage out of any product, even free antiviruses have more features, is lighter and has better protection, stick to the free version of MBAM, same goes for hitmanpro (trial version)
Also get a password manager such as Bitwarden and a adblocker like uBlock Origin.

Dhruv2193

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 7, 2016
Malwarebytes is not worth paying for, it has one of the lowest detection ratios yet the highest performance impact and resource usage out of any product, even free antiviruses have more features, is lighter and has better protection, stick to the free version of MBAM, same goes for hitmanpro (trial version)
Also get a password manager such as Bitwarden and a adblocker like uBlock Origin.
MBAM does consume RAM but I have not noticed a significant impact. Will uninstall if face slowness and HMPA is quite light-in fact one of the lightest apps i have ever seen.

EndangeredPootis

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Sep 8, 2019
MBAM does consume RAM but I have not noticed a significant impact. Will uninstall if face slowness and HMPA is quite light-in fact one of the lightest apps i have ever seen.
From my personal experience and testing it has the biggest performance impact ive seen, it slowed down my computer so much, and in my testing it achived a detection ratio of 55%.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.