Different Linux Distros

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Plexx

Thread author
Has anyone had their hands on the following distros?

Bodhi Linux;
Kororaa Linux;
Zorin OS;
Pinguy OS.

I am downloading at the moment the Zorin and Pinguy since Bodhi and Kororaa are now downloaded and will test them accordingly.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Never heard of these before. Tell me if they are any good?

P

Plexx

Thread author
those 4 are based on different desktops from what I can see at first glance. Once I finish the the download of the remaining 2, I will test them and give my opinion on the following categories:

*Usability;
*Customization;
*Type of Desktop used.

By the way Koraraa is from Australia :)

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
I heard about 50% of the ones listed here :p
Pinguy OS and Zorin OS.

Zorin OS is interesting. It looks a bit like Windows, designed for people who want to migrate from Windows.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
biozfear said:
those 4 are based on different desktops from what I can see at first glance. Once I finish the the download of the remaining 2, I will test them and give my opinion on the following categories:

*Usability;
*Customization;
*Type of Desktop used.

By the way Koraraa is from Australia :)

Oh, never heard of it. Wonder if MrXidus it any of the other Aussies have heard of it? Well since it is Australian I'll give it a go. Thanks.:)

P

Plexx

Thread author
WinAndLinuxTutorials said:
I heard about 50% of the ones listed here :p
Pinguy OS and Zorin OS.

Zorin OS is interesting. It looks a bit like Windows, designed for people who want to migrate from Windows.

By the looks of it at first glance, Pinguy also falls in the category of Zorin in terms of usability, but I will test them accordingly.

ranget

Dec 8, 2011
Bodhi Linux;

i tried it didn't like it at all other may say different
it has an ubuntu Core " built on ubuntu "
but to be honest the software manager sucks all of it sucks
Good for non essential machine "one time Boot " , tablets etc...

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well I barely saw them even their information nor tested it. Since so many linux distros its like mostly the active ones were always published through news updates.

P

Plexx

Thread author
Had a quick play with Bodhi Linux:

Usability: Did not find any difficulties.

It is based on Debian and Ubuntu from what I have read and tried.

Desktop: uses Enlightenment, which allows some customization and ideal for minimalistic desktops. Also is light in resources (I was hoping it would have Openbox).

Applications: does not come with many applications which is ok, but the applications installer did cause some problems on me. Unsure if it was because it was on VMware or not. Will have to re-test it on my old dekstop.

Overall: Decent Desktop but not a newbie friendly distro. One plus is the fact that is based on both Debian and Ubuntu.

That is it for Bodhi Linux.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.