Advice Request A good stable linux distro with Good UI?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

F

ForgottenSeer 103564

That is not a sync solution 😆 Is that your best answer?
So you want an answer on how to make a Microsoft product play nice with an open source one. This is not fixing issues with hardware and Linux. Your other thread asking produced no results either did it. Meaning you have no answers, so I'm not sure what you find funny about that, or are you laughing at yourself as well. Rudeness does not set well with me, especially from those trying to make themselves look like anything other than they are.

My advice was meant to help you not make you look a certain way. Manjaro is an Arch derivative and a stable rolling release one at that. If you would have looked into it further you probably would have gotten that printer working was what I was trying to convey.

You asked for a work around, I just presented one to you. Your welcome.

Reactions: cryogent
F

ForgottenSeer 97327

So you want an answer on how to make a Microsoft product play nice with an open source one. This is not fixing issues with hardware and Linux. Your other thread asking produced no results either did it. Meaning you have no answers, so I'm not sure what you find funny about that, or are you laughing at yourself as well. Rudeness does not set well with me, especially from those trying to make themselves look like anything other than they are.

My advice was meant to help you not make you look a certain way. Manjaro is an Arch derivative and a stable rolling release one at that. If you would have looked into it further you probably would have gotten that printer working was what I was trying to convey.

You asked for a work around, I just presented one to you. Your welcome.
Import is not a sync. It is as valid and helpful as saying that a workaround for using Linux would be using Windows

Last edited by a moderator:

tipo

Level 8
Well-known
Jul 26, 2012
No, but thanks for the suggestion. I googled a bit and PopOS looks interesting. I might stay on Mint Cinnamon. Have to see how much trouble branded powerpoints and word documents generate with Libre Office.
Add the latest libre office through ppa so you don't have any errors/ compatibility issues with Ms office docs, XLS and so on.
  • You can install and upgrade to the latest Fresh version using the official LibreOffice PPA. Open a terminal and run the below commands in Ubuntu or Linux Mint.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:libreoffice/ppa
sudo apt update && sudo apt install libreoffice
  • To downgrade LibreOffice and remove the PPA, run the below commands from the terminal sequentially.
sudo add-apt-repository --remove ppa:libreoffice/ppa
sudo apt install ppa-purge && sudo ppa-purge ppa:libreoffice/ppa

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.