Open MalwareTips from your Home Screen or desktop. Follow discussions, find answers and pick up where you left off.
If you cannot find an install option, update your browser or use its bookmark option to keep MalwareTips close.
After installation, open the app and sign in. Enable push notifications in Preferences if you want alerts. On iPhone and iPad, push requires a Home Screen web app and iOS or iPadOS 16.4 or later.
Sign in to manage notificationsInstallation is optional. Your notification settings stay under your control.
Hello, I have tried to remove the extension through the chrome policy remover (attached below) and by going on registry editor. Right now the extension is not active but it will not let me remove it. Can anyone help?
View attachment 283080View attachment 283081
Chromstera
WebAdvisor by McAfee
Searchall: Chromstera

I should also ask asuming that the same FRST log I sent will still work with what I've done, where is the location that I should put the log you sent? Is it this one:Thanks for responding! This reply will be in two parts because I have tried a couple of things since the og post. Ther first part will be what I done on my own and the second is about your instructions
Part 1: I was able to get rid of the og extension from the photos and uninstalled and reinstalled chrome through the Ninite installer as it would not install itself with a firewall message poping up. After using chrome without the extension virus for a few hours today, it crashed and a new extension popped up:View attachment 283125
I deleted the ID by going through AppData/local/Google/Chrome/Userdata/default/extensions and deleting the ID folder. That switched the extension off but chrome still says that it is manged by an organization. I then checked Microsoft edge and realized that the first extension from chrome is also there; I didn't notice because I don't use that browser.
Part 2: Following your instructions I uninstalled some pirated games I got ages ago. I was able to get to the advanced mode part for chromstera but what are the online services that I have to delete? How do I know what they are? I wasn't exactly sure so and I don't want to do more harm so I decided to comfirm before moving on. I'm also not sure if I can advance scan web advisor and chromstera at the same time. Can I leave web advisor for now and deal with chromstera first?
Sorry for the long post and if anything that I did in part 1 messed up the procedure to fix things. This is my first time with a virus like this and I kinda panicked, plus a few other things were going on. Once again, thanks for responding! I know you guys are volunteers so it means a lot that this is a free service ^_^ Please take your time and let me know if I need to redo the logs again or if more information needs to be clarified! I don't think we are in the same time zone but I'll try and check the thread everyday so that I won't miss anything.
Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes