Level 30
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
Not really sure when this feature came out, but recently I noticed that while playing online games that were server based I had a high latency issue even though I had an extremely low ping (less than 20ms).

I started to mess around with the settings of both my AV and firewall to see if I could find the issue. While playing CSGO I got a pop up in game linking to Disabling Xbox DVR in Windows 10 - Documentation - Knowledge Base - Steam Support

This shows you how to disable DVR for your windows 10, which was basically causing all my issues. Now my gameplay is fine and there are no more latency issues.

Hope this helped some of you guys out there!

Josh

Level 1
May 26, 2014
I wonder if this has been causing high latency in planetside 2 now that I see it was re-enabled. Thanks for the info hope this changes things :)

Reactions: XhenEd and frogboy

Atlas147

Level 30
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
I wonder if this has been causing high latency in planetside 2 now that I see it was re-enabled. Thanks for the info hope this changes things :)
It was horrible, noticed all the games I was playing online had crazy high latency issues and I was moving front then teleporting back to where I started. Even games like CSGO with low graphical demands.

I have a 100mbps up and down internet and I sit almost next to my router so definitely not an issue

Reactions: orthonovum

orthonovum

Level 3
Verified
Jun 17, 2017
Yeah, thanks Microsoft for just forcing that into people mouths with windows 10 lol at least there are ways to turn some of that junk off

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.