Advice Request Disaster Recovery Plan - Managing System Images

Backup and recovery
22 Replies 5,814 Views
Share practical recommendations that address the author's needs.
From what I've read about it over the years, it's not as reliable as a good image/restore utility.

As Digmor stated, what the OP is doing does look like a lot of work. For my simple home-use needs, I cold image when I feel it's time, usually twice/month on average, using Clonezilla for Linux and Macrium Reflect free for Windows, saving the images to a 1 TB external hdd. That's it. Both these image/restore utilities are ultra reliable.

It's stated in my post #1 below

4) Software: Macrium Reflect Home
 
Last edited:
Why not just:

  1. System OS, all Windows updates and drivers only
  2. Backup with ALL updated 3rd party software

It;s stated in my post #1 below

- Great for rollback if want to remove specific software and its registry remnants without dealing with messy registry cleaners which can never 100% remove all registry remnants especially for AV/AM software

As for seprately backup OS initially and minor update (with initial OS) separately, if a minor update has issue I can rollback to the date before that
 
Last edited:

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top