Status
Not open for further replies.

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
You're all set, mate. Great security configuration you got here.

All's well taken care of.

I don't think you'd need any fancy tweaks, not for your computing habits (gaming rarely harbors dangers).

So far as you practice safe habits online, you won't have a problem. No need to go over-the-top here. :D

Thanks for sharing your config with us, mate.

Reactions: SHvFl and DJ Panda

DJ Panda

Level 30
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
Quick update!

Avast Safezone browser installed! Every component except adblocker enabled. Becomes my 2nd resort browser.
Google Chrome: Installed Avast Passwords Manager, used as an absolute last resort. I love using Safezone but Edge is number 1 for me. :)

EDIT: Just got Grammarly and Avaria Browser Safety. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

DJ Panda

Level 30
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
Testing Comodo Firewall! What do you guys think about it? Do you think its better than Windows Firewall or CFW is good.

Edit My computer is getting wrecked over this product. Very disappointed, I heard so much about this "good" program. Computers so unstable its near impossible to uninstall. Will keep Windows Firewall...

Last edited:
Reactions: catjc and SHvFl

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Comodo Firewall is a third-party Firewall intended to replace Windows Firewall. You can only compare to other Firewalls with similar Features, otherwise everyone will say Yes.

DJ Panda

Level 30
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
EDIT
Added VT Uploader scanner to my config. (Had been using it before, just forgot to add it.) :)

I have also changed from a regular Standard account to a Standard w/ Microsoft account linked.

Finally, I added the Microsoft Rewards extension for MS Edge!

Reactions: Sr. Normal 2.0

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
Just got Grammarly and Avaria Browser Safety. Any suggestions?
How about SimilarWeb, Metadefender and Cache Page?
Testing Comodo Firewall! What do you guys think about it? Do you think its better than Windows Firewall or CFW is good.
It should be avoided unless you're going to fully exploit the auto-sandboxing feature, what it's quite famous for. HIPS can be very irritating and a Gamer can feel the nags badly :rolleyes:. In cases of incompatibility, overall system heaviness due to RT apps or incomplete previous installations, CFW can cause instabilities.
Added VT Uploader scanner to my config.
You can also try 'PEStudio' over VT uploader; it gives detailed info of the file along with scanning with multiple engines:
  • sections of the app/file
  • which libraries it uses
  • resources it needs/calls
  • blacklisted strings inside etc

Last edited:

DJ Panda

Level 30
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
Little quick update!

ADDED f.lux - I do not even have the words to show my love for it. It is amazing. Only regret I have was not getting it sooner.
ADDED Dropbox - Another good storage place for the little stuff I need to backup.

Curious to see the Creators update tomorrow! :)

Reactions: AtlBo

DJ Panda

Level 30
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
CHANGES

Switched Chrome back to default browser and using Edge secondary. (Started doing more youtube stream watching)
REMOVED Avast Safezone (Wasn't using it)
REMOVED All Extensions for Chrome
ADDED Zoolz more backups! :p

DECIDING
Keeping F.lux (sometimes the orange filter gets in the way when I'm doing stuff.)
Zemana AntiLogger (Not really using it at all.)

Captain Awesome

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 7, 2016
CHANGES

Switched Chrome back to default browser and using Edge secondary. (Started doing more youtube stream watching)
REMOVED Avast Safezone (Wasn't using it)
REMOVED All Extensions for Chrome
ADDED Zoolz more backups! :p

DECIDING
Keeping F.lux (sometimes the orange filter gets in the way when I'm doing stuff.)
Good move.@J Gamez065:)

AtlBo

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014

Nice setup. No extensions? Surely lighter no doubt. If that's your reason, try The Great Suspender. Suspends idle tabs then they reload with a click on the tab. Saves memory. Settings make it versatile so it can be used any way you like and pages can be exempted. Think its my #1 vote for best extension for now...maybe Google Translate which kind of blows me away.

One of these days Im going to find a way to get rid of Safe Zone browser. Seems to end up on the PC again no matter what I do, though I think it's probably my fault. Think I am 100% hooked on Zemana A/M Pro. For me, its like everything I wish Malwarebytes could have been. Now MB is unusable for me with the resource usage. Zemana A/L I really like the sound of, but not ready to pay the premium at this point. At least w/ZAL you have the scanner for OD scans if nothing else but it does sound good from what I have seen/heard.

DJ Panda

Level 30
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
BIG UPDATE

Removed Avast Internet Security, F.lux, and Express VPN
F.lux not really used too much and same with Express
Replaced with Emsisoft Anti Malware. (Overall really light after full boot up. Only small gripe is the beginning boot process and updates are a little bit slower.)

Reactions: tonibalas
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.