Solved DLLhost.exe Bitcoin Miner Trojan

Status
Not open for further replies.

EclipseSSK

Thread author
Aug 1, 2021
Hi, I have one of these trojans that comes back to my appdata/roaming/dll folder that comes back after each boot. What is the best way of removing this for good? Also, would this trojan cause a Windows 10 reinstall to fail? I have attached a report from malwarebytes, mostly for the registry location. I'm not a novice, but I haven't modified my registry manually in a long time and want to make sure I do everything correctly.

Reactions: Nevi

icotonev

Verified
Staff Member
Mar 9, 2017
Hello..EclipseSSK..! Welcome to MalwareTips Malware Removal Forum...! :)

Please download the Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop ----> IMPORTANT

Note:
You need to run the version compatible with your system.You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit

Note: Be aware FRST must be run from an account with Administrator status... If English is not your primary language Right click on FRST/FRST64 and rename FRSTEnglish/FRST64English

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to the disclaimer.
  • Press the Scan button.
P5SbdZMgD0LXjxa9CY8hUt97QKuTCvadT0fyOEBMTMyF6vfm809W3j-4puHGcl8qpl2IlhuAMss0tBqvAqv07nqVojZi-aDzsx046Nu3GgmRE1LipK5_ObV_5nq7eZiCQky-4nJi

• It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.
  • The tool will also make a log named (Addition.txt) Please attach that log to your reply.

Reactions: Nevi and upnorth

EclipseSSK

Thread author
Aug 1, 2021
It says that it needs a fixlist.txt. Was that included somewhere and I missed it?

Reactions: Nevi

icotonev

Verified
Staff Member
Mar 9, 2017
It says that it needs a fixlist.txt. Was that included somewhere and I missed it?

Hello..EclipseSSK..! First I want to see the two files - FRST.txt and Addition.txt .. I will analyze them and write you fixlist.txt if needed ..!
To provide the best possible help to remove malware, we require that you read carefully and follow my instructions. Following them carefully is an important step to get timely help. Thank you..!

Reactions: oldschool

EclipseSSK

Thread author
Aug 1, 2021
Thank you.

Attachments

• Addition.txt
    52.2 KB · Views: 9
  • FRST.txt
    228.5 KB · Views: 8

icotonev

Verified
Staff Member
Mar 9, 2017
Farbar Recovery Scan Tool - Fix

Please download the attached file to the same folder where the Farbar tool is running from.
The location is listed in the 3rd line of the FRST.txt log you have submitted.

Run FRST and click Fix only once and wait.

The Computer will restart when the fix is completed.

It will create a log (Fixlog.txt) please post it to your reply.

In your next reply, please include:
  • Fixlog.txt

Attachments

• fixlist.txt
    2.5 KB · Views: 18
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.