DLLHost.exe (Com Surrogate) 100% disk usage

Status
Not open for further replies.

wittyry

Thread author
Apr 24, 2020
hello, recently my disk usage skyrocketed to 100% nearly constantly. I have read the instructions from this forum here:
left normally the thing reads about 10,000,000 b/s on my disk, but somehow, and i dont know if this links to it, but as soon as i start full scanning my pc with an AV the little bugger disappears into thin air

The instructions say to run rouge killer and send a log of what it says back to the commenter.
I'm not very good with pcs but know a bit
Any help would be very much appreciated, thank you.

icotonev

Verified
Staff Member
Mar 9, 2017
Hi , wittyry...! Welcome to MalwareTips ..! :)

Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST)

Download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note:
You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system, download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, and that will be the right version.

• Right-click FRST.exe/FRST64.exe then click "Run as administrator"
  • When the tool opens, click Yes to the disclaimer.
  • Press the Scan button.
  • When finished, it will produce logs called FRST.txt and Addition.txt in the same directory the tool was run from.
  • Please copy and paste the logs in your next reply.
---------------------------------------------------

In your next reply, please include:

• FRST.txt
  • Addition.txt

Reactions: CyberTech

icotonev

Verified
Staff Member
Mar 9, 2017
Due to lack of response, this topic will now be closed. If you need support, please begin a new thread, and provide a link to this topic. Have a nice day. ...!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.