dllhost.exe Com Surrogate problem - computer very slow

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Yes, Microsoft Security Essentials is very good antivirus.

If your computer is slow, I cannot help you, today Antivirus products use much more resources, so it is the cause of slowness.

gwrsr

Thread author
Verified
Sep 29, 2013
I ran DelFix (log file attached). I am trying to install Charter Security Suite whch is offered by my internet provider but I am unable to download the files to install it. The customer service person at Charter told me something is blocking the downloading of the files and he suspects it is possibly an anti virus/anti malware program that is still on the computer. I have checked the list of software on the computer several times and I don't see anything that looks like an antivirus/anti malware program. Do you have any suggestions how I can identify what is blocking the download? Thanks again for your help!

Attachments

• DelFix.txt
    3.2 KB · Views: 77

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
I think you should avoid that antivirus, and try to install any other product. Tell me have you succeded?

leroux

Verified
Sep 18, 2014
Hi ive got the com surrogate issue as well. I did every step you mentioned in this thread but it didn't fixed my issue and I would like some assistance as well. Feel free to ask me any logs necessary ty

My system is
Toshiba satellite
Windows 8 64-bit
Amd6 Quad-core 2ghz
6gb installed memory

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.