Advice Request Dns settings in windows

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Charlotte Mia

Apr 3, 2022
Windows 10 has improved Data protection and security, which means that its really hard to get hacked. It also has a user-friendly interface, and it is easier to make use of the most valuable applications that are installed on it. It also includes automatic DHCP which means that you can easily connect to wireless internet. It also has a feature which enables you to convert any older version of windows 10 to windows 10 best edition.

Reactions: Sorrento

SohanRay

Level 5
Thread author
Mar 19, 2022
Windows 10 has improved Data protection and security, which means that its really hard to get hacked. It also has a user-friendly interface, and it is easier to make use of the most valuable applications that are installed on it. It also includes automatic DHCP which means that you can easily connect to wireless internet. It also has a feature which enables you to convert any older version of windows 10 to windows 10 best edition.
I wasn't asking about any sort of hack. I am simply asking if there's any way. Like there's dns over https present in windows 11 I think.

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Is there a way to set Dns over https or Dns over tls in windows 10 without using any 3rd party application and without changing IP settings to manual/static from Automatic DHCP?
I wasn't asking about any sort of hack. I am simply asking if there's any way. Like there's dns over https present in windows 11 I think.

On Windows 11 seems to be the same like on latest Windows 10. I had to setup DoH manually in Windows settings, I found no way other than this guide below:

SohanRay

Level 5
Thread author
Mar 19, 2022
On Windows 11 seems to be the same like on latest Windows 10. I had to setup DoH manually in Windows settings, I found no way other than this guide below:

In windows 10 I don't get to edit the Dns settings while the IP is set to automatic DHCP.

n8chavez

Level 16
Well-known
Feb 26, 2021
I don't think doH can be done win 10 the same thaty it can in 11. I think your best bet for system-wide DoH in 10 in YogaDNS.

Reactions: SohanRay

n8chavez

Level 16
Well-known
Feb 26, 2021
Ok. Although I was wondering is YogaDNS the best 3rd party software? Is there any other that is better?

There is dnscrypt-proxy or AcrylicDNS. If you are going to be using a DNS filtering service, like NextDNS, you could always use their application. But, I think, YogaDNS is the easiest to use.

SohanRay

Level 5
Thread author
Mar 19, 2022
There is dnscrypt-proxy or AcrylicDNS. If you are going to be using a DNS filtering service, like NextDNS, you could always use their application. But, I think, YogaDNS is the easiest to use.
Acrylic seems to be much less developed than Yoga dns.

cryogent

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Oct 1, 2016
Just FYI Stubby works only with DOT and with new YogaDNS u are limited at one single DNS server ( if u want more than one DNS u need an old version or to buy the full version ) .

Last edited:

SohanRay

Level 5
Thread author
Mar 19, 2022
Just FYI Stubby works only with DOT and with new YogaDNS u are limited at one single DNS server ( if u want more than one DNS u need an old version or to buy the full version ) .
Yeah so I was like searching for a better stable solution. Haven't found one yet.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.