Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
DNS wont change
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
Windows built in settings, adguard dekstop settings, firefox built in doh settings
Lets say my isp is telia, i go to browserleaks to check my dns @ My IP Address, DNS Leak Test, WebRTC Leak Test, IPv6 Leak Test, HTTP Headers, IP Whois

It will tell my isp is telia, even i have adguard desktop installed and DNS filter on
It will tell my isp is telia, even i set up dns throught windows 11 settings as quad9
It will tell my isp is telia, even i set up dns throught doh setting in firefox as cloudflare

My book is empty, i have no idea why my dns wont change anymore

Solution
Alright, after little thinking i decided to check avg internet security since it was new thing on my desktop

I found this spoof fake site filter ( in finnish) i guess it has something to do with MITM . After turnin this thing off , dns started to work normally. I guess i have to live with this thing on . It says it will work with doh settings, but it wont work even i use adguard as DOH

Telia, yeah I know that ISP very well but not gonna rant them.
Im all good with them, its okay isp in finland

avg123.png

Moonhorse

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
My router is huawei b818 , but i have gone throught the settings, and checked if the mobile modem got upgraded recently but it did not

My modem is currently fine, i guess. Thanks

Reactions: Kongo
Upvote 0

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
Lets say my isp is telia, i go to browserleaks to check my dns @ My IP Address, DNS Leak Test, WebRTC Leak Test, IPv6 Leak Test, HTTP Headers, IP Whois

It will tell my isp is telia, even i have adguard desktop installed and DNS filter on
It will tell my isp is telia, even i set up dns throught windows 11 settings as quad9
It will tell my isp is telia, even i set up dns throught doh setting in firefox as cloudflare

My book is empty, i have no idea why my dns wont change anymore
Does this problem only occur on your PC or also on other devices?

Upvote 0

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
My phone is using wifi and adguard + adguards dns is working fine.

I did reset my router, but nothing found
Try setting up Quad9 on your router and disable all apps and software that mess with your DNS settings on all your devices. So that theoretically only the routers DNS settings are used. Then you can check on every device if it uses Quad9 DNS with the link I shared down below. If it's working everywhere except on your Windows machine, then the problem is your PC specifically and you can reset your PC or use a system restore point to fix it. If it's also not working on your other devices, then there is obviously something wrong with your router.

Here is the test page: No, you are NOT using quad9

Upvote 0

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
My router is huawei b818 , but i have gone throught the settings
That router, I guess comes included from your ISP right? Can you change other basic settings, like the main password etc?

Telia, yeah I know that ISP very well but not gonna rant them. I'm just very grateful I don't need them myself.

Upvote 0

Moonhorse

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Alright, after little thinking i decided to check avg internet security since it was new thing on my desktop

I found this spoof fake site filter ( in finnish) i guess it has something to do with MITM . After turnin this thing off , dns started to work normally. I guess i have to live with this thing on . It says it will work with doh settings, but it wont work even i use adguard as DOH

Telia, yeah I know that ISP very well but not gonna rant them.
Im all good with them, its okay isp in finland

avg123.png

Upvote 0
Solution

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.