Assigned Do you like Zemana?

• Thread starter Deleted Member 333v73x
  • Start date
This thread is being handled by a member of the staff.

Do you use:

• Zemana Anti-Logger Pro

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • Zemana Anti-Malware Pro

Votes: 47 61.0%
  • Zemana Anti-Logger Pro and Zemana Anti-Malware Pro

Votes: 7 9.1%
  • Zemana Anti-Logger Free

Votes: 11 14.3%
  • Zemana Anti-Malware Free

Votes: 9 11.7%
  • Zemana Anti-Logger Free and Zemana Anti-Malware Free

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • I don't use any

Votes: 12 15.6%
  • I don't like any

Votes: 4 5.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

illumination

Thread author
I am using ZAM pro with realtime disabled. It makes an excellent on-demand scanner. I have it set up on another system in the house with realtime enabled running hand in hand with windows default security on windows 10, very light and plays well after exclusions are set..

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
Yes I like Zemana. More so than many other companies. Not many companies take the time to talk to their user base so they also have my respect and trust. On top of listening to the user base, they have also added some features and fixed bugs quickly that were reported to them unlike some others.

Keep in mind AM is used mostly for malware removal (infected system) and it has done a much better job at doing that than any other tools that I've used. AntiLogger could always use more work obviously. Still doesn't protect the user in certain areas. But then again, no other software does 100% of the work either. I plan to add AntiLogger to my security config later beside Norton and Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit.

As far as I know, AM real time only detects files during execution unless you scan it manually so expect your AV to detect first unless it's set to on access only. I'd imagine it does this to avoid conflicts with your AV. When you run a malicious file, Zemana instantaneously catches it. For it being just put out to the public not that long ago, it's awfully good at what it does. My experience with Zemana products has been without any bugs so far.

For those using ZAM for their main AV, I'm sure you'll be fine. After all it does have behavioral analysis via Pandora (hope I got the name right - not on my Windows OS right now) so real time isn't it's only defense.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I don't have any problems on Zemana at all, everything are just capable to promote the overall security preferences.

From reviews and other testimony it just came flawless; of course FP's and bugs will never prevent for that.

Reactions: iIda15

iIda15

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Aug 10, 2015
Yes I like Zemana. More so than many other companies. Not many companies take the time to talk to their user base so they also have my respect and trust. On top of listening to the user base, they have also added some features and fixed bugs quickly that were reported to them unlike some others.

Keep in mind AM is used mostly for malware removal (infected system) and it has done a much better job at doing that than any other tools that I've used. AntiLogger could always use more work obviously. Still doesn't protect the user in certain areas. But then again, no other software does 100% of the work either. I plan to add AntiLogger to my security config later beside Norton and Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit.

As far as I know, AM real time only detects files during execution unless you scan it manually so expect your AV to detect first unless it's set to on access only. I'd imagine it does this to avoid conflicts with your AV. When you run a malicious file, Zemana instantaneously catches it. For it being just put out to the public not that long ago, it's awfully good at what it does. My experience with Zemana products has been without any bugs so far.

For those using ZAM for their main AV, I'm sure you'll be fine. After all it does have behavioral analysis via Pandora (hope I got the name right - not on my Windows OS right now) so real time isn't it's only defense.
-A BIG THANK YOU :)

...and thanks to everyone else for the kind words :) Enjoy using our products! And for the ones that aren't using them, I'm sure you'll come around :cool::p:D:) just kidding :)

Happy Holidays!

Ida

S

Smith83

Thread author
And for the ones that aren't using them, I'm sure you'll come

I have been suggesting Zemana on Reddit to some people, I got a PM from the mod there below. I am not gonna waste my time trying to help people there, when then Mods are sh!t.....

upload_2015-12-17_15-35-0.png

Here is my response.

upload_2015-12-17_15-35-58.png

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
@Smith83

Did you linked them one of the Zemana antimalware video reviews done by our members? Perhaps that would help you.

Sometimes people like "showing" rather than "telling"

S

Smith83

Thread author
@Smith83

Did you linked them one of the Zemana antimalware video reviews done by our members? Perhaps that would help you.

Sometimes people like "showing" rather than "telling"

What I posted is only a snip from the argument that we had, there is no getting through to this person. What makes it crazy is a few of the threads I suggested it on were solved. People are so convinced that malwarebytes is a silver bullet for malware, I personally prefer 9-lab over malwarebytes....

CMLew

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
What I posted is only a snip from the argument that we had, there is no getting through to this person. What makes it crazy is a few of the threads I suggested it on were solved. People are so convinced that malwarebytes is a silver bullet for malware, I personally prefer 9-lab over malwarebytes....

Should be those diehard fans of Malwarebytes.

Anyway, does Zemana Anti-Malware Free have portable version? Can't seem to find it.

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
Reactions: frogboy

Infamous

Level 1
Verified
Dec 20, 2015
I used to use Zemana Anti-Malware as an on-demand scanner and I can honestly tell you that it does do a good job in most cases - I might return to using it soon. I cannot comment on the real-time protection since I haven't used it yet.

I like how they incorporate engines of third-party vendors to assist with the detection throughout the scanning process, since this boosts detection capabilities by a large amount and also provides the user with opinions of potentially suspicious/malicious detections from different companies.

Just like with any security product using multiple engines, the false positive detections rate will be increased. Therefore, I recommend checking the detections before cleaning anything out.

Reactions: frogboy
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.