Status
Not open for further replies.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
I have used PayPal to pay for domain hosting and domain registration. Works wonders.

I

illumination

WinAndLinuxTutorials said:
Is PayPal safe to use? And what exactly is its benefit?

Paypal is a safe alternative for shopping online. One of the best benefits is that you can transfer a certain amount from your bank into Paypal, and that is all there is in the account, if something were to happen, you would not lose everything like you would with your main bank account.

It is secure and you do not have to give your credit card number to merchants you buy from.

Fiery

Level 1
Jan 11, 2011
Paypal is safe, and you won't have to give your credit card to the vendors. Plus if you scammed, you can request for a refund i believe (or is that for ebay only?)

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
PayPal is very secure.Like any other banking and or Credit Card there will always be a risk.

Some online purchases like on Ebay are guaranteed.

Accepted almost everywhere

They have a Credit Card with a nice rewards program.

Safe/Secure way to get paid if you sell something or provide services

They are very vigilant about security.If anything suspicious is noticed with your account you are immediately notified.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Reason for my 'No' Vote:
Check you eligible to use their Services and at least 18 years of age.
View Legal Agreements at https://www.paypal.com

Else, do proceed if eligible.

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
Earth said:
Reason for my 'No' Vote:
Check you eligible to use their Services and at least 18 years of age.
View Legal Agreements at https://www.paypal.com

Else, do proceed if eligible.

I have read the agreement
No problem, my father will use it. Anyway what happens if I use it?

imsoadude

Level 3
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
Im not sure but i need it for web hosting and most online purchases, so i randomly generate my password and change it every month to be safe

Viking

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 2, 2011
Yes, Paypal is safe to use. I have been using it for about 9 years now with no problem. If you don't get your ebay item etc, you can get refund on your purchase.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
I have heard though from people from other forums that Liberty Reserve is also another good one that is like PayPal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.