Do you still have Facebook?

Nathan Wootton

Level 1
Thread author
May 25, 2011
Well i deactivated my account on the 1st. Jan It's just no the same on there as it used to be in my opinion. plus all these new privacy issue's going on and stuff for me it go to the point where you couldn't do anything on there or talk to anyone with out the whole of facebook knowing and talking bout it, i just started to find it to intrusive :exclamation:

Do YOU still have facebook?

Do YOU like the new features ?

I think im sticking to twitter it and google+ more my thing

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
I do but don't use it as what other people would use it for. (Socializing)

I only have a Facebook so I can participate in some giveaways / sweepstakes that require a "Like" or "Share" on Facebook.

Same goes for my Twitter.

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
Same like MrXidus said. I JUST have twitter which is required for giveaways.
new feature on facebook? I likes it alot. Timeline, right? :p

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I added a Poll for those who just want to vote. :)

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
From my point of view Facebook's privacy issues were greatly and intentionally exaggerated just so that a direct competitor for this social network could have a marketing advantage, in this case Google+.
If privacy is your main objective than Facebook or Google+ are the wrong choices as the hole concept behind this platforms is sharing your privacy.
Now because this social sites have become part of our reality I would suggest that you review your settings no matter what platform are you using before starting to 'share' , you'll find that Facebook setting will allow you to increase your privacy settings.
For what is worth I do have a Facebook account which I barely use.....And I would disable it but my friends still would add pictures with me and them in there profile so I'm in for ride anyway.And I can't join Google+ as all my friends are still on Facebook...so an account with no friends would be very sad, what can I say the Google+ fever didn't reach this part of the world yet.

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
I had once and I have deactivated because I began to get strange out nude women with strange link. Plus I never had any good use of it; I am not a person that want to share ever fart he makes or so or telling people how boring the adult life is. That's teenie stuff, if you ask me. If you have friend share your life moments with them in the real would and not on facebook!

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
No I don't have Facebook, but the only reason i have Twitter is because to participate in giveaways.

iPanik

Feb 28, 2011
Facebook is the primary religion here in Denmark. Not having an account pretty much makes you "that guy", so yeah i have an account.
other than that it is quite useful. I don't share much, so i primarily use it to keep track of events, chat, and groups.

That, and the fact that i need a Facebook account to use Spotify.

gbpackerfan

Jun 14, 2011
McLovin said:
No I don't have Facebook, but the only reason i have Twitter is because to participate in giveaways.

Haha, same here with Twitter! However, for Facebook, I keep it for emergency contacts, such as when I accidentally forget to copy down the homework, I could just dial a classmate up online.... I really don't post or comment much on Facebook... my last status update was in December...

Viking

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 2, 2011
I still have my Facebook account, although I find that I am increasingly hiding peoples posts as some of them just post boring mundane dribble. I don't comment on it much anymore, as I am more interested in the pc security side of things. I have subscribe to various organisation such as AV Comparatves, Pc World, PC & Tech Authority etc (and of course MalwareTips).

DiabloBlack

Nov 5, 2011
Yes I still have my Facebook account. Not a big social networking geek but I also don't have 9,000 fake friends either. I use Facebook to keep in contact with family and friends mostly.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Viking said:
I still have my Facebook account, although I find that I am increasingly hiding peoples posts as some of them just post boring mundane dribble. I don't comment on it much anymore, as I am more interested in the pc security side of things. I have subscribe to various organisation such as AV Comparatves, Pc World, PC & Tech Authority etc (and of course MalwareTips).

Exactly the same for myself.:D

D

Deleted member 178

Still use it, it is one way to have contacts with my friends and girlfriend in Vietnam. i like the new features they dont bother me at all

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
I think the better question is, does anyone still use MySpace?

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Yes, I'm still using Facebook despite on how privacy issues occurred and since majority of my friends still using Facebook then next to Twitter.

jota13

Level 2
Verified
Dec 18, 2011
I still have an Facebook account. I use it to speak with my Friends and share with them my photos and to write about different contest. ;)

And I most use Facebook to play games, especially in Zuma- this game good working only on Google Chrome (chromium, srware iron) and on Opera- I not know why. :/

But only my Friends can see my photo and my all Profile.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.