Do you still have Facebook?

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
The real reasons why you should NOT use Facebook: on Dedoimedo.com: http://www.dedoimedo.com/life/facebook.html

QUOTE:
'Reason 1: Because everyone else is: Being average is the worst curse that can befall a thinking man. ..

Reason 2: Friendship is a cosmological constant: Just like momentum and energy, friendship is a finite quantity. According to unshakable rules of physics, the more friends you have, the less of friends they are. It is physically impossible to have many friends. ..

Reason 3: The law of spam: 90% of all mail is spam. Not because someone is deliberately trying to poison the wires with fraud and junk, but because people by nature generate 90% waste for whatever they might be doing. The same applies for any human effort. .. Wall messages, stupid games, e-presents, quizzes, tagging photos, it's all a horrible waste of effort. Instead, you could spend the time doing sports and meeting real people.

Reason 4: Long-term benefit of Facebook = zero: .. for a vast majority of people, Facebook contacts are nothing more than an outlet to boredom. In the long run, beyond the initial excitement of rediscovering friendships, which probably will not last long, you are creating a shallow, superficial, un-candid world of cheesy scripted blogonography, with Facebook as your portal.

Reason 5: Get a life: Every minute spent co-blogging with your artificial friends on Facebook is a minute you could spend doing real stuff, like reading a book, hiking, volunteering in an animal shelter, etc. Or maybe learning PHP so you could one day become a programmer that writes this kind of stuff and makes big money from other people's vapid existence.

Reason 6: MySpace: .. A social network, ok. And? There'll be another.

Reason 7: Facebook logo reads facebook (lowercase) :
QwZ5e.jpg

Do you really want to be using a technology that has a lowercase logo? .. Well, it must be kewl, right?

Reason 8: Privacy? Boring! : By the way, the privacy thingie, is, as usual, overplayed. Pure, simple sensational media. No one forces you to write down the name of your high-school or use a real one. It's a virtual, fictitious world, so what's the big deal? .. You can setup your account to be private and anonymous and whatever. So what's the big deal? Too challenging for the average Facebook user to perform no less than three mouse clicks to get their old settings back?

CONCLUSION: As you see, it has nothing to do with privacy, identity theft, security, or anything like that. It's about what Facebook offers you, in the short and long term. .. Social is all about society. And society is not online, despite the best efforts by media to depict the revolution of broadband into a sort of an exciting, less harsh alternative to real life. If I unplug your network cord from the wall, your e-friends are gone. No more FarmVille, no more Wall. It's as simple as that.

There you go. The real reasons why not to use Facebook.'

Very true.:cool:

jota13

Level 2
Verified
Dec 18, 2011
Prootect I have few Friends. And I think their number does not count but the quality.

I use Facebook to play games and take part in various competitions.

Only my friends can send me an messages- it secure me against spam. But I am cautious, I reject invitation to various applications.

I not spend my all time on Facebook. This would be a waste of time.

Nathan Wootton

Level 1
Thread author
May 25, 2011
jota13 said:
Prootect I have few Friends. And I think their number does not count but the quality.

I use Facebook to play games and take part in various competitions.

Only my friends can send me an messages- it secure me against spam. But I am cautious, I reject invitation to various applications.

I not spend my all time on Facebook. This would be a waste of time.

its a shame that Millions of people don't think like us lol.

I

illumination

I actually have two facebook accounts, but do not live on them. One i keep small, just for family that do not live close by, to communicate with them, the other, i use to network, as i do animal rescue on the side via networking on the net. For this purpose, facebook is a valuable asset!

V

Vextor

I use Facebook for family. But I don't spend all my time on it. In fact, I barely spend anytime on it.
Even though there are privacy issues, you can de-activate them, like I have.

Twitter: Well, I use it just to look at people I follow's tweets and for giveaways, like on Facebook. Otherwise, no.

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
@jota13,

'Prootect I have few Friends.'

- Listen Jota, I know where you can have the friends. - In the wild. This means around you, in real life, what .. Here on the Internet - this is not like in real life, here only 0 and 1 poorly mixed .. :D

I guess you is alive - then of flesh and bones as saying. So naturally you should contact you with others with the flesh and bones that are around you, not here.
Me neither, I am only 0 and 1 for you! - And as it is better for you. Haha look, the bees contact with bees, cats with cats, and men with other men, not with 0 and 1 .. This is natural.
Go away in life, not here. Go away.

Nathan Wootton

Level 1
Thread author
May 25, 2011
Prorootect said:
@jota13,

'Prootect I have few Friends.'

- Listen Jota, I know where you can have the friends. - In the wild. This means around you, in real life, what .. Here on the Internet - this is not like in real life, here only 0 and 1 poorly mixed .. :D

I guess you is alive - then of flesh and bones as saying. So naturally you should contact you with others with the flesh and bones that are around you, not here.
Me neither, I am only 0 and 1 for you! - And as it is better for you. Haha look, the bees contact with bees, cats with cats, and men with other men, not with 0 and 1 .. This is natural.
Go away in life, not here. Go away.

what? that makes no sense? explain your opinion in a different context

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
'what? that makes no sense? explain your opinion in a different context'

OK. Nathan Wootton, only for you: I did, that here is no real life.

Real friends are in real life, not on Facebook, Internet, .. you see?

THANKS, Nathan!:D

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
Prorootect said:

What if I have a friend and I moved to another city (as what happened with me)? At least I can still send them a message to say "Hi".

That's the use of facebook, same as mobile phones. :p

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
Prorootect said:

JnUVW.jpg

Think before you post, Judging by what you just said. I can have a real life friend I've known my entire life, But if I talk to him on Facebook he's not a real friend? LOL, .. you see how silly that sounds?

THANKS, Prorootect!:D

Roti

Feb 6, 2012
Yes, I still have my Facebook account but only to keep in touch with long-distance friends.

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
@MrXidius,

'Think before you post, Judging by what you just said.'

- What I have written to jola13, that came only with good intentions - I hope she understands me. In fact, it was the advice of a GOOD friend.:cool:
And that caters to each one of us, myself included.

Internet is a kind of sleep. Emotions are here, but the real action is not there. Internet is that sleep.

PS. And let me add, Iam not wicked, you must understand me always in the right direction, if any one would have problems with interpretation, please. And sorry for my English ..;)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Facebook a major social networking that holds more than 80% as users used for communication. All users came and will undergo on using Facebook.

If an unbiased reports that Facebook will really shutdown then anyone would be affected however their social life will be change since they will met friends in real life/world.

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
@jamescv7,

'..their social life will be change since they will met friends in real life/world.'

Aaaa .. Perfect! This is desirable, very desirable!

THANKS James!:D

jota13

Level 2
Verified
Dec 18, 2011
Prorootect said:
'what? that makes no sense? explain your opinion in a different context'

OK. Nathan Wootton, only for you: I did, that here is no real life.

Prorootect I have real Friends on a one computer forum. I started talking to them using AQQ (it is multi communicator). After that I invinite them to my Facebook account. I met with two of them. And I can call them my Friends. :)

But you're right Internet life is not all. Real life exists outside it.

But You can have a real Friends in internet. :)

But you must to be careful when You get to know someone in internet and beyond it.

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
@jota13,

'I have real Friends ..' - OK., cool, no problem here. Invites your friends here in MT, so they can be our friends too!
'But You can have a real Friends in internet.' - OK., You speak about this dream .. Maybe we can be the real friends in this unreal world ..:cool:
The emotions will be here, sure, like with other MT members ..

'But you must to be careful when You get to know someone in internet and beyond it.' - Thank you very much, it's So True!..

'..using AQQ (it is multi communicator).' uh, this is beyond me, I do not understand that. Maybe because I never needed this kind ..

In general I'm glad you're here with us, Joanna, then the warm Welcome to you again!;)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.