Advice Request Do you trust your VPN service 100% ?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Do you trust your VPN service 100% ?

• Yes

Votes: 17 41.5%
  • No

Votes: 13 31.7%
  • I do not use a VPN service

Votes: 11 26.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bunchuu

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 17, 2015
WTF is a VPN?

You’re watching a movie. A criminal is trying to evade a crime scene in a sports car on the highway. A helicopter is following the car from above. The car enters a tunnel with multiple exits and the helicopter loses track of the car.

A VPN works just like the tunnel in this movie scene — it connects different roads and turns them into one, and a helicopter can’t see what’s happening inside the tunnel.

I’m sure many people around you have recommended you a VPN service. They usually tell you that a VPN is great, it lets you watch geo-blocked content, avoid the Great Firewall of China or browse the internet securely. VPNs are great, sometimes. But using a VPN can be as dangerous as not using one if you don’t know what you’re doing.

Do you trust your VPN service 100% ?

here is the original article

Last edited:

Janl1992l

Level 14
Verified
Well-known
Feb 14, 2016
Yes i do. thats why i realy only trust 2 providers. one german provider where i have talked with the owner and meet him and the other is just so trancparent and nice guys and they know what they do that there is no reason to not trust them.

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Yes i do. thats why i realy only trust 2 providers. one german provider where i have talked with the owner and meet him and the other is just so trancparent and nice guys and they know what they do that there is no reason to not trust them.
Wait till there's a court case or involving the FBI/NSA then you can say whether you can trust your VPN providers

Janl1992l

Level 14
Verified
Well-known
Feb 14, 2016
Wait till there's a court case or involving the FBI/NSA then you can say whether you can trust your VPN providers
The police from holland had 2 servers from perfect-privacy vpn and found nothing because nothing was logged and they use ramdisks. the vendor was fully transparent and posted all in the forum instantly. that is one of the two i trust.

can you endorse to us your VPN service?
perfect-privacy vpn and Airvpn. Currently using Airvpn and i can only say good things about them. Not one single bad thing. same as perfect-privacy. but they arnt the cheapest out there. sometimes u need to pay abit for quality.

Last edited by a moderator:

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
The police from holland had 2 servers from perfect-privacy vpn and found nothing because nothing was logged and they use ramdisks. the vendor was fully transparent and posted all in the forum instantly. that is one of the two i trust.
But not this guy definitely with its refund

My Personal Experience With Perfect Privacy VPN (Spoiler: BAD) • /r/vpnreviews

neither did it get ant star rating here

That One Privacy Site | Perfect Privacy Review

AirVPN looks ok according to

That One Privacy Site | AirVPN Review

Last edited:

Zero Knowledge

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 2, 2016
Yes I trust my vpn. They have tried and tested and are in every top 5 or top 10 vpn list for privacy and anonymity everywhere.

I trust them because of what they stand for politically, and their technical abilities to secure servers, and their general ethos.

jerzy601

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 20, 2011
You never have 100% certainty about their privacy on the Internet.
it is just like programs AntiVirus there is no 100% security.
But in the end you have to trust people who produce such programs because in the end you have to trust Komus.
without trust it is difficult to sew.
I use VPN but also 100% do not trust, especially in the present time the internet is changing so quickly.:)

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
Not sure if i trust my VPN 100% but i trust it more than my ISP Provider which by law has to store all my MetaData for two years. I do not really have anything to hide but just do not like that sort of storage of my data usage. ;):eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.