Advice Request Do you use any Privacy/Security based extensions in addition to the Brave Shields?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Kongo

Level 35
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
After months of Chrome usage I decided to ditch it, because I wanted to try a privacy-focused browser. The first time I used Brave, I didn't really like it cause of all the cryptocurrency settings, that I would never use anyway. But now after going through the settings, I found out that it can easily get disabled. Anyway, now after checking out the Brave Shields I am wondering if there are any extensions that don't conflict with the built in shields and actually add some protection, cause it feels kinda weird seing no extension in the upper right corner (I hope I'm not the only one thinking that way :LOL:).
So do you guys use any additional extensions that can actually enhance your security and privacy in Brave and which are they?
Looking forward to your replies! :)

Last edited:

Kongo

Level 35
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
LocalCDN however would conflict with the built in https everywhere just like Decentraleyes right?
I've never had any conflicts that I'm aware of. If you notice any conflicts you may disable that feature in Brave. Here is what LocalCDN's dev says:
In my opinion the extension is no longer necessary due to various browser and server functions, so I haven’t used it for a long time. Because I don’t deal with it anymore, I can’t answer any questions about it.

If you still want to use HTTPS Everywhere, you can find more information on this topic at Decentraleyes.

miguelang611

Level 2
Apr 13, 2020
ClearURLs and LocalCDN.
Very nice info.

Now that Brave supports back sync, I have left M$ Edge for a more "private" experience. I was using AdGuard and PrivacyPossum on Edge, but didn't want to conflict with Brave ad blocker... (what a pity they don't add support for custom lists just with the link and not the full code)

So this is just what I was looking for!

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.