Ask about Crypto Do you use Bitcoin?

Disclaimer: Any information contained on this forum is provided as general market commentary, and does not constitute investment, financial, trading or other sort of advice.

Do you use BitCoin?

• Yes I do!

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Nope!

Votes: 16 59.3%
  • No! I don't trust it!

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • I've never heard of it!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

AlanOstaszewski

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 27, 2017
Half a year ago I invested 25€, first in Bitcoin and then in Litecoin. The value has decreased very much. I wanted to make 50€ out of 25€ and double the money. I'll probably have to keep waiting.
Bildschirmfoto_2018-06-30_13-10-41.pngBildschirmfoto_2018-06-30_13-11-22.png
I don't use it as a payment method, it doesn't make much sense unless you want to buy something in the Dark Net.

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
All bitcoin money is protected with one password, if someone gets access to your account, your money is gone forever, since the main point of BTC is to be untraceable. It is also not covered by anything and police will not care, if you report it stolen, since it is not real. It is a high risk investment.

On the other side, the idea is good, but the implementation is bad. Once the cryptocurrencies get generally accepted, they might be worthwhile.

RoboMan

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Yes I do. Although very rarely. I recieve payments for bug hunts, translation volunteering for software, vulnerability reports. And all these I do only when I have time so it's not that much money on my BTC wallet. But I use it, have it protected on a site with something like triple encryption, 2FA, and confirmation via 2 e-mails for every transaction.

Question for all of you:
If you had money on bitcoin, would you wait for its value to increase or would you change it to local currency right now?

Reactions: Handsome Recluse
D

Deleted member 178

Question for all of you: If you had money on bitcoin, would you wait for its value to increase or would you change it to local currency right now?
50%-50%, i change half now and the rest will be an "investment"

Reactions: RoboMan

karthic1998

Level 4
Verified
Jan 23, 2017
All bitcoin money is protected with one password, if someone gets access to your account, your money is gone forever, since the main point of BTC is to be untraceable. It is also not covered by anything and police will not care, if you report it stolen, since it is not real. It is a high risk investment.

On the other side, the idea is good, but the implementation is bad. Once the cryptocurrencies get generally accepted, they might be worthwhile.
On blockchain website you needed the login id which is very difficult to find so it’s safe

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.