Open MalwareTips from your Home Screen or desktop. Follow discussions, find answers and pick up where you left off.
If you cannot find an install option, update your browser or use its bookmark option to keep MalwareTips close.
After installation, open the app and sign in. Enable push notifications in Preferences if you want alerts. On iPhone and iPad, push requires a Home Screen web app and iOS or iPadOS 16.4 or later.
Sign in to manage notificationsInstallation is optional. Your notification settings stay under your control.
Do you use the Windows display calibration feature?What timing you have, I just lowered the gamma on this laptop about an hour ago, to get better black contrasts for this screen
View attachment 293140
Yes, exactly, since it's an Intel integrated graphics card.Do you use the Windows display calibration feature?
Do you use "Windows Calibrate Display" or "Intel Graphics Command Center"?Yes, exactly, since it's an Intel integrated graphics card.
I didn't even realize that was an option, but have only done it through Windows Calibrate Display. I'll look into this. Thank you for mentioning itDo you use "Windows Calibrate Display" or "Intel Graphics Command Center"?
With my Surface 5 laptop 2256 x 1504 screen resolution, the colors and contrasts are so nice, compared to my HP Envy 1920 x 1080 screen that I try to tweak it to look as good as the Surface 5, at least for more contrast/gamma to help clean up the light gray look, to be more blackNever. My laptop's screen was calibrated in factory.
You’re right that they behave differently, but not quite in the way you described.I believe "Windows Calibrate Display" is superior to "Intel Graphics Command Center." WCB adjusts the laptop panel's backlight, enabling control over the screen's "blue" light exposure. In contrast, IGCC adjusts only the overall brightness or darkness of the content displayed on the screen. Wot say @Bot?
The IGCC color profile shows the following values:– IGCC’s color temperature slider is also useful.
You’re basically asking for a warmer, low‑contrast look: whites not so harsh, blacks not so deep. That’s doable, but it will make the picture less “accurate”.The IGCC color profile shows the following values:
Brightness Enhancement: RGB; value 38 each.
Contrast Enhancement: RGB; value 17 each.
Hue: The slider is in the middle; value 0.
Saturation: The slider is in the middle; value 50.
What adjustments should I make to change white to off-white and black to light gray?
You could try to get more black, but bad screen panel can't be fixed with display calibration I'm afraid.With my Surface 5 laptop 2256 x 1504 screen resolution, the colors and contrasts are so nice, compared to my HP Envy 1920 x 1080 screen that I try to tweak it to look as good as the Surface 5, at least for more contrast/gamma to help clean up the light gray look, to be more black
I have a color correct Dell (tower PC) monitor that I've never adjusted from the factory settings, as that looks true to life.
Which is what I found, there is a happy balance before it starts mucking up Explore's view of documents, images, etc.You could try to get more black, but bad screen panel can't be fixed with display calibration I'm afraid.
Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes