Advice Request Do you use Windows Backup / System Restore in addition to your 3rd party backup solution?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoboMan

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Yes. I use System Restore points mostly every day, and have a backup image of my disk in case of needed. To avoid mounting my image every time, i set up restore points. And just in case, i also have a second partition with my personal data.

boredog

Level 9
Verified
Jul 5, 2016
I use macruim reflect here. created a bootable usb stick and currently have two full images on it. so far it has worked great for me.
usb stick is a 3.0 ultra. and so restoring the entire image takes about half hour. most of the time in run in shadow mode with shadow defender. and as cruel sister pointed out in a post after I mentioned I used it. she was surprised to see after running a mbr killing ransomeware, after reboot all was back to normal.

D

Deleted member 2913

Win 10 64 Pro
Currently using AX64 V2 (System Partition i.e C protected only).
Data on D partition & backed up manually on external HDD with FreeFileSync.
I keep system restore, defrag & fast startup disabled.
I dont use 3rd party cleaning & defrag software.

shukla44

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 14, 2016
System restore with my backup program (Aomei). So far system restore (images) never failed me.
System restore (images) is the best option if you want to restore from system images. It never failed me. Haven't had the chance to test Aomei out but i believe it won't fail me either.

Reactions: Deleted member 2913

broughie

Level 2
Verified
Sep 11, 2013
I use Synctoy to sync my files to external hard disk daily. I have Aomei one key (free) creates partition , installed . Had desktop & laptop fail to boot in past, Aomei f11 key restored whole pc - progs , files , settings very quickly - brilliant . Take regular Macrium images in case of HD failure . Dont bother with system restore as some failures in past.

Reactions: Deleted member 2913
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.