dobbin new config

D

Deleted member 21043

It's good to see you have UAC enabled. Make sure to never disable it - it's an important feature in Windows which will have you alerted if a program is trying to execute with priveleges you may not want it to have.

For your on-demand scanners, did you mean you use Emsisoft Emergency Kit, or is your configuration set correctly and you have Emsisoft Anti-Malware?

If you do not use any real-time related features in Emsisoft Anti-Malware (and the Behaviour and web protection), then I recommend you switch to using Emsisoft Emergency Kit on-demand. Emsisoft Anti-Malware works alongside other Antivirus software, therefore if you do use other features such as it's HIPS/BB and web guard then if you don't experience any issues then no problem.

I recommend following the advice @yigido provided regarding HTTPSEverywhere and uBlock. HTTPS encrypts the communication between your browser and the website. Blocking advertisements will prevent them from being able to track you (uBlock is a great extension for doing this).

Thanks for sharing your configuration! ;)

Reactions: dobbin and yigido

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Pretty solid, Comodo Firewall contains Kiosk feature which a fully virtualized desktop environment to browse and test program in isolated area and nothing wrong with using Sandboxie even its another type of virtualization tool, just make yourself comfortable on the setup.

Reactions: dobbin and yigido
I

illumination

If you do not use any real-time related features in Emsisoft Anti-Malware (and the Behaviour and web protection), then I recommend you switch to using Emsisoft Emergency Kit on-demand.
I believe the free version of Emsisoft anti malware is still only a on-demand, requiring it to be activated with a license to use the real time scanner.

OP, the config looks good.

Reactions: dobbin

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.