Does Cylance offers home solutions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Wave

I understand your concern and we allow you to purchase a subscription via PayPal, Amazon Payments and Bitcoin in case you're not comfortable using our credit card payment processor (Stripe).
Maybe I don't have spare money to purchase a subscription to test it - I want to test it so I can work towards the BugCrowd bug bounty programme, it'd be beneficial to you, too.

We have some limitations as to what we can do in terms of blindly making PROTECT available so we encourage demo seekers to contact Cylance and request a demo.
I've done this before multiple times, no one ever contacted me about it further...

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
I understand your concern and we allow you to purchase a subscription via PayPal, Amazon Payments and Bitcoin in case you're not comfortable using our credit card payment processor (Stripe).

We have some limitations as to what we can do in terms of blindly making PROTECT available so we encourage demo seekers to contact Cylance and request a demo. We can provide free demos to anyone who's vetted by Cylance. If you are a competing AV vendor and want to get access to PROTECT, please also go through Cylance; we are only in business to help legitimate Customers gain access to PROTECT.

I am sorry if what I am about to say will be viewed as blunt and straight to the point however:

As a company you fail to capitalize on potential customers due to no free trial available and the so called available demo request via email is only valid if you as a company decide it is worth it. No user with buy your solution without trying. There are simply better solution's around if you simply deny free trials.

based on what criteria's do you see an individual worth of trying your product? The famous YouTube video will simply be biased just like any other video unless you give users the ability to test the product.

offering refunds possibility simply raises more eye brows for any potential consumer and the way things are most would rather try mcafee ep since there's free trial over cylance.

also having a MT only discount will not get you any sales as 99% of the users here do not blindly pay for a product.

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
To be fair to them, it is because of Malware Managed that Cylance Protect is "available" to home users as the main Cylance company does not offer home version.

Nevertheless, from my perspective, it's best for the costumer to be able to test the product without paying beforehand. But of course, I also acknowledge that companies like Cylance have their own marketing strategy, whether good or bad, which I respect. After all, their strategy will mark their rise or fall in the security industry.

Reactions: Wave

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
I also respect its their decision not to offer free trials and their so called free demo to who its worth it however due to competition at this stage other solutions are better.

I'm sorry but a YouTube video is not enough to convince me otherwise. Same way people dished mcafee yet when using their ep solution opinions changed.

Reactions: Wave and XhenEd
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.