Advice Request Does Panda Free now comes with Firewall?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
Nothing wrong for an Antivirus to use Windows Filtering Platform (WFP), most probably do.
I would prefer a firewall, which does not use that, so I could disable "Network Store Interface Service" for a rock solid/stable connection. If it is disabled, it disables WinFirewall upon reboot. But sadly, there are no useful ones, the last independent one was Private Firewall and that was it.

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
OK, I know that Panda Free does not auto-update, so I wanted to do a manual update, but it did not let me, it wanted me to uninstall it first. That is just dumb. Luckily PatchMyPC took care of it and I wondered why, when AVs update themselves. Well, now I know why, better be sure than sorry. :emoji_expressionless:

imuade

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 29, 2018
OK, I know that Panda Free does not auto-update, so I wanted to do a manual update, but it did not let me, it wanted me to uninstall it first. That is just dumb. Luckily PatchMyPC took care of it and I wondered why, when AVs update themselves. Well, now I know why, better be sure than sorry. :emoji_expressionless:
Yes, Panda always does so, but also Comodo needs to uninstall the old version first and then install the new one.
Fortunately, it has become a flawless task recently :)

Last edited:

RoboMan

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
You also get ads they come freeView attachment 215136
24/7 support for a free product? Ugh, this reminds of Comodo support pushing you to buy the premium version over the phone.
I remember once when their support used to work (lol) that I was having trouble with a free product and they did a remote "support" controlling my system and told me I needed to upgrade my product. He immediately browsed to Comodo site and clicked on buy. He literally told me to put my credit card details, that he would wait for me until I was done (he was on the phone + controlling my system). Holy mother of crickets.

Vitali Ortzi

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 12, 2016
24/7 support for a free product? Ugh, this reminds of Comodo support pushing you to buy the premium version over the phone.
I remember once when their support used to work (lol) that I was having trouble with a free product and they did a remote "support" controlling my system and told me I needed to upgrade my product. He immediately browsed to Comodo site and clicked on buy. He literally told me to put my credit card details, that he would wait for me until I was done (he was on the phone + controlling my system). Holy mother of crickets.
Same with comodo itarian they say it's free wait till you are depended on it then ask for payment.
Or the ssl certificate scare calls .

L

Local Host

The line that separates scam support calls, from legit support calls is very thin it seems.

EndangeredPootis

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Sep 8, 2019
slow signature adding, sleeping behavior blocker, no web protection in the free version.
The paid version is a little bit better with folder protection and anti exe...but you need some extra protection like voodooshield or osarmor.
Both of which you can get for free, with windows defender Controlled folder access and Voodooshield.

Reactions: Gandalf_The_Grey

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
I gave Panda a try some time ago out of interest - Then it broke Shadow Defender, which was a good reason to remove it as I really like Shadow, no fix was available from Panda so that was it.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.