It also comes with "100% virus detection rate" :ROFLMAO:
it may not be in the top tier but it is still respectable. in PCmags feb 2019 review, when they computated an aggregate score of all AV software and the 4 major testing lab results, panda scored a 8.9. for a comparison, windows defender scored a 8.7. fsecure scored a 8.6 and gdata scored a 8.9. these are aggragated independant lab studies putting panda in a respectable crowd. panda scored better than windows defender.

and when pcmag ran their own personal malware test, panda scored a 9 (90 percent). windows defender scored an 8 (82 percent detection). eset scored 8.8.

and considering how light it is, that makes it attractive.

roger_m

Level 30
Verified
Content Creator
No, it is not, it is neither light nor has good protection.
Maybe it wasn't light for you, but it is one of the lightest antiviruses there is.

it may not be in the top tier but it is still respectable.
It's terrible at detecting new threats, because it is slow to add signatures for new threats and has very poor behaviour blocking. However, it's good at detecting older threats.

EndangeredPootis

Level 7
Verified
Maybe it wasn't light for you, but it is one of the lightest antiviruses there is.

It's terrible at detecting new threats, because it is slow to add signatures for new threats and has very poor behaviour blocking. However, it's good at detecting older threats.
From my personal experience, both when using it on my host and later my virtual machine it slowed down both of them a lot, and its resource usage isnt even that great, its on par with ESET.