TairikuOkami

Level 23
Verified
Content Creator
Nothing wrong for an Antivirus to use Windows Filtering Platform (WFP), most probably do.
I would prefer a firewall, which does not use that, so I could disable "Network Store Interface Service" for a rock solid/stable connection. If it is disabled, it disables WinFirewall upon reboot. But sadly, there are no useful ones, the last independent one was Private Firewall and that was it.

TairikuOkami

Level 23
Verified
Content Creator
OK, I know that Panda Free does not auto-update, so I wanted to do a manual update, but it did not let me, it wanted me to uninstall it first. That is just dumb. Luckily PatchMyPC took care of it and I wondered why, when AVs update themselves. Well, now I know why, better be sure than sorry. :emoji_expressionless:

imuade

Level 9
Verified
OK, I know that Panda Free does not auto-update, so I wanted to do a manual update, but it did not let me, it wanted me to uninstall it first. That is just dumb. Luckily PatchMyPC took care of it and I wondered why, when AVs update themselves. Well, now I know why, better be sure than sorry. :emoji_expressionless:
Yes, Panda always does so, but also Comodo needs to uninstall the old version first and then install the new one.
Fortunately, it has become a flawless task recently :)

Last edited:

Robbie

Level 29
Verified
Content Creator
You also get ads they come freeView attachment 215136
24/7 support for a free product? Ugh, this reminds of Comodo support pushing you to buy the premium version over the phone.
I remember once when their support used to work (lol) that I was having trouble with a free product and they did a remote "support" controlling my system and told me I needed to upgrade my product. He immediately browsed to Comodo site and clicked on buy. He literally told me to put my credit card details, that he would wait for me until I was done (he was on the phone + controlling my system). Holy mother of crickets.