Serious Discussion Concerns about managing Kaspersky security component remotely from MyKaspersky web UI

IceLion36

Level 1
Verified
Hi everyone,

I recently saw that MyKaspersky is now required in order to activate a license key.

In MyKaspersky web UI there is a page where you can turn on/off switches related to the various security components of the desktop application (anti-virus, firewall and so on...).

My concern comes from the fact that someone could hack an account an disable components remotely and the Dekstop app doesn't even notify the changes for some components like the the webcam and microphone block module.

- Is there a way to disable this remote feature?
- What do you think about this feature from a secuirty standpoint?
- Is this feature forced on other AV software like NOD32?

Please let me know what you think
 
If you have a good password, then I think there is nothing to worry about. I'd be more worried about your OS being accessed by an antivirus designed by an FSB colonel. ;)
 
@rashmi, new type of license is Subscription model, so no activation codes anymore. But still, You can acquire licenses via activation codes, outside K. official sites.
Indeed, the bold text above is what I was referring to. In My Kaspersky, with a new subscription, is the license visible? If it is, can you activate Kaspersky with the license and delete the account?
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top