Advice Request Does Panda Free now comes with Firewall?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

ChoiceVoice

Level 6
Verified
Oct 10, 2014
It also comes with "100% virus detection rate" :ROFLMAO:
it may not be in the top tier but it is still respectable. in PCmags feb 2019 review, when they computated an aggregate score of all AV software and the 4 major testing lab results, panda scored a 8.9. for a comparison, windows defender scored a 8.7. fsecure scored a 8.6 and gdata scored a 8.9. these are aggragated independant lab studies putting panda in a respectable crowd. panda scored better than windows defender.

and when pcmag ran their own personal malware test, panda scored a 9 (90 percent). windows defender scored an 8 (82 percent detection). eset scored 8.8.

and considering how light it is, that makes it attractive.

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
No, it is not, it is neither light nor has good protection.
Maybe it wasn't light for you, but it is one of the lightest antiviruses there is.

it may not be in the top tier but it is still respectable.
It's terrible at detecting new threats, because it is slow to add signatures for new threats and has very poor behaviour blocking. However, it's good at detecting older threats.

EndangeredPootis

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Sep 8, 2019
Maybe it wasn't light for you, but it is one of the lightest antiviruses there is.

It's terrible at detecting new threats, because it is slow to add signatures for new threats and has very poor behaviour blocking. However, it's good at detecting older threats.
From my personal experience, both when using it on my host and later my virtual machine it slowed down both of them a lot, and its resource usage isnt even that great, its on par with ESET.

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
From my personal experience, both when using it on my host and later my virtual machine it slowed down both of them a lot, and its resource usage isnt even that great, its on par with ESET.
I've used it a number of computers and it was very light on all of them. I ditched it long ago because of its poor detection rates.

F

ForgottenSeer 89360

Panda is not heavy and has a fairly good malware detection, due to several partners it still (surprisingly) works with.
However, support is just a new level of low, web blocking is abysmal, almost non-existent (in premium products), the whole experience from the website and across various parts of the product is inconsistent, which is an indication of poor and careless management. Panda is full of bugs, frequently it happens that you can't even install it. Its architecture is still 32-bit, which shows the minimum effort they put to stay current.
And did I mention no automatic version upgrades?

In an ocean of quality products, some of them free, Panda is just a hard pass.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.