Advice Request Does Uninstall remove all leftovers for native UWP Apps?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
When you uninstall a native UWP app that you download from Microsoft Store, does Windows 10 remove all files/folder related to that app?

Not talking about Win32/WPF.

Here's what I am talking about:
1540592479126.png

Image: Right-click to Uninstall an UWP app.

Also read this: Is there a future for true Universal Windows Platform (UWP) apps on Windows 10?

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
It won't remove all leftovers. If you want to do that use IObit Uninstaller, as it scans for leftovers after removing UWP apps. You can even do a batch uninstall to remove multiple apps one after the other and then scan for leftovers from all of them.

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
It won't remov everything. I actually had problems because of it on my Lenovo notebook as the Lenovo Update Utility failed to update itself because of left overs from previous versions. Took me a while to find the cause and how to delete the leftovers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.