Does your product use Kaspersky engine?

Adrian Ścibor

From AVLab.pl
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 9, 2018
I wonder who is giving up the Kaspersky engine? Does your software still contain the Kaspersky engine? For example, Check Point has officially released instructions on how to disable the Kaspersky engine. However, there is no alternative, so this may have security implications.

Adrian Ścibor

From AVLab.pl
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 9, 2018

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
2022-04-06-10-04-46.jpg

Shadowra

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
I think it's a shame.
Even if I found ZoneAlarm not great in protection, it had the best antivirus engine I know... quite sad.

For the Sophos engine, I hope they will include Machine Learning (ML/PE.A detections) because they are quite powerful!

On the other hand, I've seen an anti-malware named StopZilla using Kaspersky detections... but no info on this software....

( My antivirus does not use Kaspersky, but Microsoft :p )

F

ForgottenSeer 94654

I wonder who is giving up the Kaspersky engine? Does your software still contain the Kaspersky engine? For example, Check Point has officially released instructions on how to disable the Kaspersky engine. However, there is no alternative, so this may have security implications.

The government I work for prohibits anything from Kaspersky or InfoWatch. DrWeb is not permitted either.

Shadowra

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
The government I work for prohibits anything from Kaspersky or InfoWatch. DrWeb is not permitted either.

They fear a risk of espionage, here in France it is also prohibited.
It reminds me the story with Huawei

Reactions: franz

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.