Does your VPN talk to Facebook?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OdinokiyVolk

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Apr 23, 2018
..".We tested all 286 VPNs out there and found that 50 are sharing data with Facebook. Our research process involved individual checks for traces of the so-called “Facebook pixel” on each VPN’s website. The tests revealed a troubling tendency: a total of 50 VPN services make use of the Facebook remarketing pixel on their respective website."

Report: 50 VPNs share data on their users with Facebook | vpnMentor

OdinokiyVolk

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Apr 23, 2018
Last edited:

uninfected1

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2016
Some interesting names amongst the fifty. Highly touted (by some here anyway) CyberGhost only removed the pixel after they'd been outed in the report. Clearly a "We'll share data with Facebook as long as people don't know we're doing it" policy.

Kaspersky and Avira on the list and also one I used to use, Froot VPN.

In2an3_PpG

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 15, 2016
If the pixel is one does that mean it communicates with facebook? if so it looks like a bunch removed the pixel after this report. I also use windscribe vpn

Complete test results for facebook pixel

If it has a 1 under pixel, then yes that means according to their test it communicates to Facebook.

Just like everyone else i was happy to see Windscribe not have a 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.